Business with Foreign Countries

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean Agnostic

Reaction score
Has anyone in this board has done business with Private Chinese Companies in China, Korea, Singapore, or outside of U.S.? 

How was you experience like?  

I went recently to China, and I was kind of surprised that I was not allowed to stay in some of the hotels in China probably because I have a U.S. passport, but our friend who was from Taiwan was allowed. Do you guys know if this is normal hotel policy in China? 

It took us about 6 hours to find a hotel that would allow Americans, but in the Shanghai Area, the hotels  are more lenient. Singapore is probably the best Asian Country that actually love Americans. It felt like home for me, my meal during my travel was like: Breakfast-McDonald's, Lunch-Burger king, Snack-Wendy's, Dinner-KFC and/or Subway. 

I will say that I am treated differently when I travel as a New Zealander rather than as an American, although never to the point I was refused accommodation. Most of my international travel has been work related and booked through a NZ travel agency, so that may have an impact on things as well.

Looks like New Zealand is a nice place to retire and probably expensive as per the Country's gross domestic product per person. 

The way the immigration process is setup, there's no way they'd let you retire here unless you were a millionaire.

If you're talking about millions in liquidity, real cash at hand, I'm not  :D

Back