Bitcoin - Anyone Investing?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm down 90% overall.  I only bought Bitcoin to purchase other crypto currencies.  All of them have dropped more than Bitcoin, so I guess I would have been better off to keep in BTC and only lose 65% (or to stick under the mattress).  Lesson learned I guess.

I am sticking with the tried and true method of real estate and the NYSE
I put into some stocks at the beginning of the Covid related depression and came out with some decent profit for my first time investing in stocks. Was trying to get back all of these administrative fees required for the PE exam.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only investment I have regarding Bitcoin is/was coincidental.  I bought NVidia stock back in 2011 before the concept of Bitcoin mining was a thing.  I Ihaven't sold it so I have neither gain to brag about nor loss to cry about.

I really believe these weed stocks are going to be big in the next decade.  It may already be too late, but has anyone looked into this? Whether you are into the weed or not its making a significant profit in the states that have legalized it.

Yes, there were a couple of investments this summer
Yes, there were a couple of investments this summer, but the cryptocurrency I invested in lost a lot in price and I decided to sell my cryptocurrency farm. I had a fairly large station with twenty top-end video cards that consumed a lot of electricity. Now I want to change the field of investment to something more serious than cryptocurrency. These guys helped me with how to be a house flipper in a new area for me, real estate investment. A friend of mine brought me to this area and advised me to read a few books. I hope I will be able to succeed.

I had some bitcoins (multiple coins) back in like 2010-2011. I left them in my wallet on an old desktop computer I was using at the time that eventually went to ****. I didn't transfer the coins before then, but didn't think much of it at the time because I didn't think bitcoin would really take off. Oh well.

Then throughout the years I did some investing in litecoin and make a chunk of change from it then cashed out.

I think crypto is too volatile for any serious investment. I saw a report that said bitcoin could be worth like 300k by 2030. But I still don't feel like I want to invest again right now.

I believe my dad was paid a couple grand in bitcoin back in 2014 for an engineering job he did. It was around the time bitcoin was ~$400. Then when it peaked at ~$800 he cashed out. Was a good deal at the time, but then a few years later is when it really took off. Again, oh well.

Is it just me or have there been a lot more spam accounts created in the past few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Let go of your spam..."

Trying to get rid of 'rona or get the results released early?

I also am awaiting the arrival of much return from the generous bitcoin investment. First of all, I want to invest in BitCoin, but after a lot of debate, I think this is the right choice for buying encryption technology. Waiting long time will yield the great return of bitcoin purchase as following the method outlined here. /S

Back