Best Doggie Brush

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdcengineer

Sharp as a piece of beach glass
Reaction score
We've got a border collie who is shedding more this summer than ever. I need to get a new brush and want to get some opinions.

She has a mixed long coat (her mom was a long coat and dad a short hair). I would consider her hair long. I use a slicker very successfully, but they fill up with her hair too fast. Anyone like the Furminator or have any experience with the shedding blades (metal loop brush)?

Thx

i know its sacriligous, but we have a border collie and we shave her in the summer time, she has told me that she thinks it looks good and that she likes it ;)

I have an 180 lb English Mastiff and it is a furminator for us. About twice a year he can really shed a bunch. It isn't cheap but really does a great job getting the loose undercoat out.

Try calling around to the U-Wash places and many of them in our area have furminators (or other types of brushes) you can try out if you wash your dog there.

Back