Best Cell Phone

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have verizon's razr, the first edition. I like it, but I don't use most of the features. I wish motorola would start making a model that was just a phone again. I don't leave my cellphone on all day. It really is more for emergencies and long distance calls. The two previous cellphones were both motorola and just phones...no camera, no navigation, plain and simple. I think I have only used the the camera part of the razr like 2 or 3 times and that was when I was bored.

THe hubby has the krazr. he loves it. It has all the fancy navigation features, but his folks got him a Garmin for xmas so he isn't using the one in the phone as much.

I've got an LG venus... wanted the voyager, but the plan cost extra, and I dont really need a querty keyboard... can you imagine how much time i would spend in the 5K thread then???

I like the Venus, but the low battery alarm is not dramatic enough for me, so it frequently dies and I dont know until i go to use it (and have missed phone calls)

I don't have any specific suggestions but when I was looking for cell phones I found this website to be useful for comparing various models.

http://www.phonescoop.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually dont give two shits about what kind of cell phone I have; BUT after using an iphone for about 5 minutes at the AT&T store I fell in love. Its so **** cool. The full internet functionality is definately something I would use. In fact my wife was going to buy me an iphone for christmas but because we're on a business account we couldnt get one (**** grinches at AT&T!).

Right now Im using a first generation Motorola Razor and its OK I guess. The only thing I use it for is text messaging and making calls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Work gave me a razr. I don't use it much, and have no choice anyway.

I have an LG enV. I 'acquired' the older generation LG with the qwerty keyboard, and loved it. I don't text a lot, but when I do, I hated that T9 BS. When my old phone died, I was just going to get a regular flip phone (with all the bells and whistles), and the enV went on sale. I got that, and for Christmas got a 2-gig micro SD card. Now, when I ski, I only have my phone, b/c I can use it as my MP3 player too!

I have a Pearl. Nice, compact and good functionality. The dual letter keyboard isn't as bad as I thought. I hated talking on the larger blackberrys, but the pearl isn't that bad. Overall it is a pretty good phone.

I have the iphone for my personal phone (which I love b/c I am addicted to text messaging and I love having all my music on it) and I have all the functions such as email, web browser, camera, etc.

I have a LGAX390 phone for work. It's a very basic phone but it's all I need for work (although I rarely use it)

I have a Pearl. Nice, compact and good functionality. The dual letter keyboard isn't as bad as I thought. I hated talking on the larger blackberrys, but the pearl isn't that bad. Overall it is a pretty good phone.
I have thought about getting the non-phone version of the iPhone..I think it's the iTouch. I have divx versions of a lot of tv shows that i haven't had time to catch up on. Have you had any problems with the iPhone?

I have thought about getting the non-phone version of the iPhone..I think it's the iTouch. I have divx versions of a lot of tv shows that i haven't had time to catch up on. Have you had any problems with the iPhone?
My hubby actually got the iTouch which he loves. We were ipod nano owners and upgraded to our respective devices.

We haven't had any problems with either the iPhone or iTouch. They were both easy to set up and sync with iTunes and using them is pretty easy (at least it was to me).

I have the Palm Treo wx-700 thru Alltel.

After you learn about the phone, and purchase some good ADD-on programs, it's a pretty slick unit!

I got the USCellular Rokr V3r. I mainly picked it up for the MP3 capabilities so i didn't have to get an ipod. It does have a 3mpix camera and is gps ready with a downloadable active GPS navigation.

Here's a little tidbit i learned today, next time you are trying to figure where somewhere is or what the number is, text the name of the place (pizza hut) and the zipcode and it will return to you the closest ones around you, complete with address and phone numbers

Decided to go with the ROKR on this one....not many choices from alltel in my area. Now I need a memory card..

Back