Backup Calculator?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJS26

Reaction score
Hello,

I am retaking the PE exam on Thursday. And I’m probably just a bit anxious about the test, but can I bring a backup calculator into the test room? I read the NCEES examinee guide and it didn’t say explicitly if that was permitted.

I use the TI-36x Pro. I read some threads from prior years but I wasn’t sure if I was missing something.

I think my worst fear is my calculator dying during the exam, that and oversleeping for the exam.

Thanks in advance.

For the P/P exam, I brought two calculators (one for backup). During the CBT exam, I was only allowed to bring one calculator, but calculators were available to borrow if you didn't bring one or forgot one. The proctor told me, "I was going to ask if you needed a calculator, but I see you brought one."

As Vhab said above, it will need to be inspected.

I had 3.
2 of them were from when I took the FE exam. Prior to taking the PE exam I bought a brand new one. I wasn't going to take any chances. Ha ha!!

Hello,

I am retaking the PE exam on Thursday. And I’m probably just a bit anxious about the test, but can I bring a backup calculator into the test room? I read the NCEES examinee guide and it didn’t say explicitly if that was permitted.

I use the TI-36x Pro. I read some threads from prior years but I wasn’t sure if I was missing something.

I think my worst fear is my calculator dying during the exam, that and oversleeping for the exam.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, you can! and good luck to you tomorrow!

I brought two calculators with me. One is the one I have been using and the other one is brand new with the price tag intact. It ended up my original calculator worked fine so I returned the other one.

Back