Awoke to a gruesome discovery this morning

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadwreck

Probie-one, PE
Reaction score
For the last week I have been out of town on vacation. We got home late last night and it was dark long before we got home. When I woke up this morning I went out on the back deck and made a gruesome discovery. I have a couple hooks on my deck that we usually hang bird feeders from. One of them mounts on the railing and has to arms that can adjust in height. This hook was specifically designed to hang bird feeders from. We bought it from one of those fancy bird stores and it cost far more than it should have, but it was the only one I was able to find that would fit on the railing of my deck (I tried a few others before I found this one). The hooks are powder coated and very smooth. Birds slide down the hooks all the time It's actually kind of amusing if they don't land right of the peak of the hook. While we were away their were no bird feeders on the hooks; I didn't think I needed to take the hooks down too, but in future I think I'll be taking that one down. It appears a bird got itself caught between the hook and the main upright support and couldn't get out. Since no one was home all week no one was around to free the bird. I think I'm going to contact the store that I bought this from so they can recommend a different coating to the manufacturer.

RIMG_5888.JPG

RIMG_5893.JPG

RIMG_5896.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww man.....

Yes, I would think the manufacturer would be interested in knowing about that.

(LOL?)

Back