Are any of you involved with putting together your City's CIP (Capital Improvement Plan)?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptatohed

Licenced to Spell
Reaction score
I'm assembling my City's FY 16-17 CIP now.  It's a big undertaking for me.  This time of year (heading into the new July 1st Fiscal Year), it's basically a full time job.  Anyone else work on their agency's CIP?   

I'm assembling my City's FY 16-17 CIP now.  It's a big undertaking for me.  This time of year (heading into the new July 1st Fiscal Year), it's basically a full time job.  Anyone else work on their agency's CIP?   
what is CIP?... you people and your acronyms.  :)

(I assume it's along the lines of the State's STIP or SHOPP)

Capitol improvement Program

sorry for crashing the forum  I am not local government anymore but I was as for 8 years.

When I used to do mine we took the comprehensive plan that the morons in the planning department created and then tried to make it match "reality"

I managed a master plan project for the utility where I was at, which included a CIP, but I had a consultant to do all the detail work :p  .  

But prior to the court order that required the master plan, yeah I put the CIP together by myself every year, ran through the scoring, held the public meetings which no one attended, etc. I kind of enjoy that stuff, though.

Back