April 2022 CA Seismic Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EET and Reza are the only materials I used. I failed the first attempt (I drank too much caffeine and panicked), but passed the second time.
Good to know. Did you feel EET was useful? I used them to pass the 8hr. I was planning to use Reza problems and potentially cpesr practice tests.

Anyone get their license number yet? I was almost expecting the board to be ahead of schedule due to this new online system. I just want to add PE behind my name already 😭

Licenses are issued each Friday evening and sometimes don't appear in the online license search until Monday morning

I haven't received mine yet either!
My original application was through the mail. I passed survey and failed seismic. When I went to submit the re-examination form for seismic, everything was completed through BPELSG Connect. I found out I passed the seismic on 5/5. I called yesterday and I guess they needed to manually input my survey test results into the online system for my license to be issued. Told me to wait another 2 weeks. I suggest calling them ASAP.

Last edited:
SMH the people that work at the board are inept.
I was with you until this part. Note that the board notified applicants ahead of time that they're transitioning to a new system, there might be hiccups, and that there was an unanticipated influx of applicants: "ANNOUNCED FEBRUARY 22, 2022 - The Board is currently experiencing an unanticipated high volume of new applications submitted. Board staff is diligently working to process all applications as expeditiously as possible. To check the status of your application, login to your Connect account and view the status on your dashboard. See the status definitions for additional information. If your application is in a deficient status, you need to resolve the deficiency as soon as possible to prevent delays in the processing of your application."

Please also note that @CAPLS does a LOT of backchannel work in assisting EB members with their applications on a completely volunteer basis. It's in our best interest to be professional with them. It's a big world out there and you're not the only one waiting (I'm also waiting). Take a breath, and let the system do its thing.

I was with you until this part. Note that the board notified applicants ahead of time that they're transitioning to a new system, there might be hiccups, and that there was an unanticipated influx of applicants: "ANNOUNCED FEBRUARY 22, 2022 - The Board is currently experiencing an unanticipated high volume of new applications submitted. Board staff is diligently working to process all applications as expeditiously as possible. To check the status of your application, login to your Connect account and view the status on your dashboard. See the status definitions for additional information. If your application is in a deficient status, you need to resolve the deficiency as soon as possible to prevent delays in the processing of your application."

Please also note that @CAPLS does a LOT of backchannel work in assisting EB members with their applications on a completely volunteer basis. It's in our best interest to be professional with them. It's a big world out there and you're not the only one waiting (I'm also waiting). Take a breath, and let the system do its thing.
I received mine on the 17th.
That is now two people on this thread who received their license over a week ago yet we all received results on the same day (5th). If I had not called, I would bet you money I’d be waiting until 2023 to get my license issued. I paid $750 to the board, the least they could do is operate somewhat efficiently. “Take a breath, and let the system do its thing” is absolutely horrible advice.

That is now two people on this thread who received their license over a week ago yet we all received results on the same day (5th). If I had not called, I would bet you money I’d be waiting until 2023 to get my license issued. I paid $750 to the board, the least they could do is operate somewhat efficiently. “Take a breath, and let the system do its thing” is absolutely horrible advice.
I understand your frustration. I also had to call the board to check on the status of the license. They asked me to check in the upcoming week and reach out to them if it's not posted. :/

Back