April 2021 SE Exam Results Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CT is out.
Finally passed lateral.
Anyone have suggestions of what State to ask for reciprocity in for the SE license? CT hasn't adopted them yet.
I am planning to apply to Georgia, seems fairly easy and everything is online / they accept NCEES references. Gain SE license there and then try comity at some of the more involved application process states.

CT is out.
Finally passed lateral.
Anyone have suggestions of what State to ask for reciprocity in for the SE license? CT hasn't adopted them yet.

Reciprocity? Don't you need to have an initial license before you can file for licensure by reciprocity/comity/endorsement?

Congratulations on your successful result.

Reciprocity? Don't you need to have an initial license before you can file for licensure by reciprocity/comity/endorsement?

Congratulations on your successful result.
CT issued me three PE license numbers, one for the actual PE, and one for each of the SE exams. I'm hoping with the test results I can now just get a SE license from a state that recognizes it.

Just called PA to check in on when results will be released and were told the person in the know was on PTO Friday and today. Expected to be back tomorrow.

CT issued me three PE license numbers, one for the actual PE, and one for each of the SE exams. I'm hoping with the test results I can now just get a SE license from a state that recognizes it.

Understood, but a PE license is not an SE license. Likewise, PE license + SE exam =/= SE license. In general, you aren't eligible for comity licensure as an SE until you have an active SE license.

You'll be applying for an initial SE license (in whichever state you choose) and will need to meet all of that state's requirements for SE licensure. That may include first obtaining a PE license in that state, as well as any other hoops they may light on fire for you.

Last edited:
30/40, A, IR, IR, U

ARG! So tired of studying for these exams ... Plus I honestly thought I aced that fourth afternoon problem, I have no idea how I got a U on that.

Still no results. Called my state board and was told they had released results. Did the NCEES chat and they said the state board still hasn't released results. I'm 99% sure I did poor in the PM and failed, but would at least like to be put out of my misery!

Still no results. Called my state board and was told they had released results. Did the NCEES chat and they said the state board still hasn't released results. I'm 99% sure I did poor in the PM and failed, but would at least like to be put out of my misery!
Paging @RBHeadge PE! Just because this always happens somewhere, like you said.

What state are you in, Civil Dawg?

Paging @RBHeadge PE! Just because this always happens somewhere, like you said.

What state are you in, Civil Dawg?
Louisiana. When I asked NCEES via chat, Dallas took my NCEES ID number and there was a couple minute pause in the chat so I’m inclined to think he at least checked on something.

Back