April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratssss!!!!
Did you take any classes?
I took the PPI course from Kaplan. It was good for a "refresher" but what really helped me was taking a bunch of old practice exams. I jumped into a conference room at work on a few Saturdays and timed them like I was actually taking the exam.

that was me. sorry. lol
tenor.gif

Can anyone in civil structural that passed give any pointers? I took a review course and still failed. I have practice exams. Maybe there are different ones I should try?

Got my email from NCEES at 2:16PM. Wanted to get to a good stopping point on projects before opening. Let me be transparent...

I said I'd never go to college. Finished in four years but older with a family. I'm a pastor of a small church. I am a horrible test taker. I took the FE 9 times (yes you read that right) because I tried every 2 years instead of staying on top of it. This was my 3rd attempt at the PE... and even though I can do everything except seal/sign a set of plans and everyone tells me I'm great at my job... It never got any easier. You've probably already guessed because of all the life history... I FINALLY PASSED! I am thanking Almighty God for his grace and mercy - I nearly left before the evening session was over.

Got my email from NCEES at 2:16PM. Wanted to get to a good stopping point on projects before opening. Let me be transparent...

I said I'd never go to college. Finished in four years but older with a family. I'm a pastor of a small church. I am a horrible test taker. I took the FE 9 times (yes you read that right) because I tried every 2 years instead of staying on top of it. This was my 3rd attempt at the PE... and even though I can do everything except seal/sign a set of plans and everyone tells me I'm great at my job... It never got any easier. You've probably already guessed because of all the life history... I FINALLY PASSED! I am thanking Almighty God for his grace and mercy - I nearly left before the evening session was over.
congrats!

My CERM is an old version from 2015 and now with the manuals changed, would you recommend to buy the new one??
I would definitely recommend having all references be as up to date as possible. Might not make a huge difference but it'd be terrible if something small cost you an answer

If you took test in Georgia, login to secretary's website and check. I would post link, but this site will not let me. I have already received my license!

Congrats!!! If you don't mind my asking, what reference materials/practice problems/courses did you use to study? I felt like a lot of my practice problems were nothing like some of the afternoon problems I found on the exam.
I used EET on demand and was very impressed with the content and the instructor's availability. I have to admit that I didn't keep on schedule but did watch every video which proved beneficial because of the insight of what would most likely be on the exam and what most likely would not be on the exam. I believe that the morning carried me because I have so much experience in construction and design, but the evening killed me. Prior to getting the PASS, I already made plans to do nothing but work problems related to the evening.

Back