April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, on the plus side, if we don't receive results by 12 noon EST then the chances of receiving them that same day are greatly reduced.
You're probably right. We've seen results come out in the afternoons in the past but the last few years have had an initial morning release. I expect that trend to continue.

For those of you reading this, I, for one, do not practice what I post. lol I'm sitting here refreshing the NCEES page.
*Someone* has to be checking and looking for subtle things changing on the dashboard then reporting that back to the thread.

I suppose if we were to base the o/u on Monday then there we be no under, just an over haha
The initial release could happen next week. I sort of doubt it though. I have no internal knowledge so don't take my posts as gospel.

It certainly won't happen on Memorial Day simply because they're closed.

*Someone* has to be checking and looking for subtle things changing on the dashboard then reporting that back to the thread.

The initial release could happen next week. I sort of doubt it though. I have no internal knowledge so don't take my posts as gospel.

It certainly won't happen on Memorial Day simply because they're closed.
I took a screenshot this time so I have proof if anything changes haha

I don't suppose anyone has tracked the pass rates over the years? 61% for civil construction for October 2020. Just wondering what is has been historically.

What else might change besides the date taken? Are there other areas in the dashboard we should be clicking on and looking for changes? haha

I don't suppose anyone has tracked the pass rates over the years? 61% for civil construction for October 2020. Just wondering what is has been historically.
I don't know if anyone outside of NCEES has been keeping a tracking spreadsheet for it over the years.
There is a separate thread in every results sub-forum that gives the pass rates for every exam in that session. You or anyone else, are more than welcome to compile a master list of pass rates over time for each exam and share it with the forum.

The major-exam pass rates don't vary too much with time. The minor-exams can have big swings because there are less takers. Generally speaking the CBTs have a higher pass rate than the previous P&P exam average.

I wouldn't waste my time trying to map pass rates and perceived cut scores to a given session. Again: not enough reporting to actually know what the cut score (read: highest fail score, assuming it was reported truthfully) was for a given exam. And I'm sure when one does a proper uncertainty analysis that any correlation will fall within the confidence interval.

I don't know if anyone outside of NCEES has been keeping a tracking spreadsheet for it over the years.
There is a separate thread in every results sub-forum that gives the pass rates for every exam in that session. You or anyone else, are more than welcome to compile a master list of pass rates over time for each exam and share it with the forum.

The major-exam pass rates don't vary too much with time. The minor-exams can have big swings because there are less takers. Generally speaking the CBTs have a higher pass rate than the previous P&P exam average.

I wouldn't waste my time trying to map pass rates and perceived cut scores to a given session. Again: not enough reporting to actually know what the cut score (read: highest fail score, assuming it was reported truthfully) was for a given exam. And I'm sure when one does a proper uncertainty analysis that any correlation will fall within the confidence interval.
thanks for the info. I might just go looking for those threads. need something to pass the time 🥱

Well yeah. The obvious, and most important one is a red fail or a green pass.
well yeah OBVIOUSLY.... haha... just didn't know if there were other little things that happen leading up to results release other than the date taken change, which already happened...

well yeah OBVIOUSLY.... haha... just didn't know if there were other little things that happen leading up to results release other than the date taken change, which already happened...
What happens to the Date taken? Mine says April 23rd like my exam date. Has it changed for you?

What happens to the Date taken? Mine says April 23rd like my exam date. Has it changed for you?
It used to just say "April 2021" and last week we noticed it had changed to "April 23, 2021". In the past, when that has happened, the results came out very shortly (like that day)... but this time that did not happen.

ya know.....it is just possible that the IT tech responsible for refreshing the NCEES website "could" be sitting there watching this and reveling in the stress generated..... he/she might even be posing as one of us ..... hmmmmmmm (perhaps even pretending to be an older, experienced mentor here to "calm" us down....)

Last edited:
My bet is they will release on Friday, May 28th in the AM. Just to either make for an awesome Memorial Day weekend or one that is, may I say, not quite as good! Good luck to everyone as in any case, the April 2021 Suck period is in its last days I think.

ya know.....it is just possible that the IT tech responsible for refreshing the NCEES website "could" be sitting there watching this and reveling in the stress generated..... he/she might even be posing as one of us ..... hmmmmmmm (perhaps even pretending to be an older, experienced mentor here to "calm" us down....)
maybe I work for NCEES
maybe you should send $100 to my cash app
then maybe I can tell you your results now instead of waiting for the official notification
maybe

I asked NCEES "using the Chat" about SE results and if it will be released today and they told me it is not ready yet
General note to everyone: Please don't harass the NCEES staff. Even if they know when the results are coming out (which they don't), they won't tell you unless they've already been released, and you'll know that from seeing it here.

It used to just say "April 2021" and last week we noticed it had changed to "April 23, 2021". In the past, when that has happened, the results came out very shortly (like that day)... but this time that did not happen.
Agreed! I noticed that too

It's mostly that date change. I just don't recall which way it changes on the day of the release. I just know that it changes that morning to something different than it was the day before. And that's all I need to know to get the map and related threads ready to post.

If someone is really bored they go look through all of the WttS and identify the specific change.

At some point after passing it will change again to something else and remain that way indefinitely.

Back