April 2021 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

Help Support Engineer Boards:

1973Olds98

Reaction score
Remember, although it is exactly 5 weeks since we took the exam, NCEES gives itself as much as 8-10 weeks to post results. So the Suck period can technically be as twice as long as it is right now!; think about that. Not that NCEES would stretch it out that long, but they could just to drive all us aspiring engineers totally mad!! As this quote from NCEES is pretty clear folks:

"Results for this exam are generally released to the licensing boards 8–10 weeks after the exam administration."

CMM056

Reaction score
I've mentioned this before... I'm in Louisiana and have a coworker who didn't get his notification until 6PM CST.

With that said, I assume we're looking at June 3rd.

mobius160

Reaction score
If someone with a stick up their ass reported an entire testing venue for not enforcing the no hoodies rule, how long would that delay results?

Cuz like I said earlier they definitely didn't enforce that rule at the MO testing center, which annoyed me because I live in my hoodie and I wore a sweater but not enough for me to report it.

MeowMeow

EB Supporting Member
EB Supporter
Reaction score
they didn't enforce the hoody thing the 2 times I took it.... in fact pretty sure the first time (October 2019) they said we could wear them but just could not have the hood up.

AZ_ladybrain

EB Supporting Member
EB Supporter
Reaction score
If someone with a stick up their ass reported an entire testing venue for not enforcing the no hoodies rule, how long would that delay results?

Cuz like I said earlier they definitely didn't enforce that rule at the MO testing center, which annoyed me because I live in my hoodie and I wore a sweater but not enough for me to report it.
they didn't enforce the hoody thing the 2 times I took it.... in fact pretty sure the first time (October 2019) they said we could wear them but just could not have the hood up.
yea I'm pretty sure I saw some hoodies in my testing center.

leggo PE

Straight Waffle-izer
Staff member
Reaction score
My site definitely enforced the hood/hat rule. I didn’t see anyone get kicked out for not putting their pencils down, but they did strongly tell us we needed to stop when the time was up!

leggo PE

Straight Waffle-izer
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, I had the same proctor the two days of the S.E. Exams, and she was the kindest lady! We’d had little chit chats between the morning and afternoon session each day, and after the pm session of the second day, she wished me good luck and said she hoped she wouldn’t see me there again. I thanked her, said I wasn’t sure about that whole not seeing me again thing, but also said that if I did come back again, I hoped she would be my proctor again!

1973Olds98

Reaction score
Whatever happens, happens in terms of test results, whenever they release them, be it this week or later on. Either I enter the PE promised land or go back into the wilderness--depending upon the results--for 5 more months only to once again appear at an NCEES testing site, possibly even in a hoodie! In the meantime, just trying to relax with some good old Tom Petty while trying to work!

Angel Dream

SoVA Eng

Reaction score
This is......
Image result for THIS IS CRAP GIF

1973Olds98

Reaction score
And while I may likely feel like I am being led to the gallows when checking my results (eventually) on the NCEES site. I will be doing so with this song playing in the background, to prepare myself! Gotta be psyched up when likely coming face to face, with that evil red devil...

Hogan Theme Song