Application Progress?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KirbyQ

Reaction score
For those of you who sent in the application after Cctober 2020 results came out (late December), did you hear anything back from the Board regarding the application yet? Check cashed?
My application was delivered 2 weeks ago and has not seen check been chased yet. Is the normal?

From what I’ve heard from colleagues is that would not be normal pre-COVID, however it seems like things are moving slower these days which isn’t all that surprising. My personal timeline for the application is as follows:

Application received - 10/16/2020
Check cashed - 11/17/20
Received email confirming the application was received - 11/20/20

My 60 day wait period is up on Tuesday so I plan to call for an update then. I was hoping to be able to test 1st quarter but I guess it’ll give me a few extra months to study.

They are not approving apps sent in december, or mid december for Quarter 1. Source: just talked to the board representative.

They are not approving apps sent in december, or mid december for Quarter 1. Source: just talked to the board representative.
Yeah, I am expecting my application approved for quarter 2. However, it already 4 weeks passed since my application was delivered to the board and I am yet to see my check get cashed.

Yeah, I am expecting my application approved for quarter 2. However, it already 4 weeks passed since my application was delivered to the board and I am yet to see my check get cashed.
Hmm I think that is ok, they likely have a lot to go through with new people passing in december for the 8 hour. I would email them if you are worried, they usually respond within a week

It is going to depend on each state board. Each state is a unique experience.

I am not surprised to hear that you haven't heard anything after 2 weeks. You could send an email to your state board to check that it has been received.

From what I’ve heard from colleagues is that would not be normal pre-COVID, however it seems like things are moving slower these days which isn’t all that surprising. My personal timeline for the application is as follows:

Check cashed - 11/17/20

My 60 day wait period is up on Tuesday so I plan to call for an update then. I was hoping to be able to test 1st quarter but I guess it’ll give me a few extra months to study.
On exact time line as you while waiting on a SE comity application. I'm sure the board is still feeling the effects of the spring and summer cancellations, as well as working through the ongoing difficulties as best they can. I wish this understanding on my part suddenly helped me to become a more patient person, but I find myself refreshing my email constantly anyways!

@jlong any word on your application?
It turns out one of my references didn’t complete the engagement form correctly and the letter from the board notifying my reference to resubmit their form had been sitting at their work mailbox for at least a month because they’ve been working from home. The form was resubmitted about 2 weeks ago and I haven’t heard anything from the board. I imagine that mistake set me back quite a bit.

It turns out one of my references didn’t complete the engagement form correctly and the letter from the board notifying my reference to resubmit their form had been sitting at their work mailbox for at least a month because they’ve been working from home. The form was resubmitted about 2 weeks ago and I haven’t heard anything from the board. I imagine that mistake set me back quite a bit.
Oh gosh I need to check and make sure that didn't happen to me either. Did the board tell you this or did your references figure it out?

Oh gosh I need to check and make sure that didn't happen to me either. Did the board tell you this or did your references figure it out?
I called the board to check on the status and they told me that there was an issue with my reference. They didn’t reach out to me at all about the issue. They sent a letter to my reference but he didn’t know that because nobody had checked the mail at the office for a while.

I called the board to check on the status and they told me that there was an issue with my reference. They didn’t reach out to me at all about the issue. They sent a letter to my reference but he didn’t know that because nobody had checked the mail at the office for a while.
Thanks for the update. My check was cashed on the 27th of last month, but since then no email of any sort acknowledging received application from the board. I guess I have to wait and see. Hopefully there is no other issues as you had in my application materials.

Following this thread since I have vetted interest in the status of my own application (CA). My application was received on 01/11/2021, but by the sound of it won't be even looked at under Quarter 2.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. My check was cashed on the 27th of last month, but since then no email of any sort acknowledging received application from the board. I guess I have to wait and see. Hopefully there is no other issues as you had in my application materials.
Applicants should receive status emails from the CA Board when your application is received by your Evaluator, when your application is sent to technical review, and when your application is approved. Sounds like there is a little bit of a backlog, but if your application is sent to technical review by March, your application will likely be approved for Quarter 2 or you will receive an email requesting more information.

Following this thread since I have vetted interest in the status of my own application (CA). My application was received on 01/11/2021, but by the sound of it won't be even looked at under Quarter 2.
No, that is not an accurate assumption. If you read what the person said in the post above you, they said "...not approving apps sent in december, or mid december for Quarter 1"

Sending in an application (new - not re-exam) 2-3 weeks before the end of a quarter simply does not provide sufficient time for review and approval before the lists are provided for scheduling in the next quarter. Not when there are literally hundreds of applications received at any given time.

Submitting an application early in the first month of the quarter should not be problem...provided that your application is complete and you qualify for the license you submitted for.

Check cashed - 11/17/20

To update this timeline, my application was referred for technical review on 3/5/21.

Question on the application timeline:

My application was delivered on February 25th (tracked via USPS), but as of today (4/14/21) I have not received confirmation of the application being received nor has the check been cashed.

Has this happened to anyone where they've gone 6 weeks without the check being cashed nor receiving an email from the board? I'm worried that my application got lost somewhere.

Question on the application timeline:

My application was delivered on February 25th (tracked via USPS), but as of today (4/14/21) I have not received confirmation of the application being received nor has the check been cashed.

Has this happened to anyone where they've gone 6 weeks without the check being cashed nor receiving an email from the board? I'm worried that my application got lost somewhere.
Please send me a PM with your name and contact info and I'll check on this

Back