Any last minute advice??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://cdn.ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/CBT-exams-sample-diagnostic-report.pdf

See the above link provided by NCEES for interpreting your diagnostic.

Keep on trucking!!
Yeah, I have seen that document, and I got the message from the document that, we here at NCEES does not want help too much any more than what we, as NCEES, have provided before the exam, mainely speaking, NCEES reference manual. 

Analysis document was supposed to just give you extremely vague idea without giving any real information as to how many questions were asked on the exam, and out of those that were asked on the exam, exactly how many questions we got correct on the exam.

Also that last column, the ones that show some points out of 15 points is as bogus of a data to examinee as the numbers without units on the exam problem.

On top of all of this, NCEES wants to give us, if my understanding of the document is proper, the problems that are supposed to be proposed questions for the upcoming examinee's exam. Those question's proposed points do not count towards our overall passing points of the exam.

I don't like this system. There should be some sort of reward for us on those proposed questions, that is, if we get them right then give us, say 3/4 of a normal point, but there should be no penalty for those proposed questions that we do not get right. 

So i guess those 10 extra questions ( 100 + 10 = 110 ) are just extra, and we don't get any compensation for those problem's attempt we did on the exam. we can't reverse the clock for the time spent doing those proposed problems. If we trade time for money, then they should give us back some money for the time we spent doing those extra 10 problems.

How do we pass this exam with NCEES playing with our exam like this?

Does somebody know any tricks to identifying these annoying extra proposed problems on the exam? 

Am I anywhere close to properly interpreting the NCEES' worthless piece of crappy document on how to interpret their own analysis?

I hope I am, because I am loosing my mind here.

Correct. There are several questions that are pre-test questions (these don't count toward your results).

Each exam includes a limited number of pretest items that will not be scored
and will not have an impact on your results. This is common practice within
high-stakes testing and allows NCEES to evaluate the pretest items for
potential use in future exams. These items are randomly placed within the
exam and are not identifiable as pretest items.

Check out Page 12 of the NCEES Examinee Guide

My belated Congratulations to Jbone27.

My update : since I took the last FE CBT Civil exam, I am thinking about taking the exam in November / 2016.

To all of the other moderators, and helpers on this forum, I would like to state that Engineering Board for the State of Georgia no longer caps on the cumulative attempts on the examinee. :)  

--------

PRIOR to this change, Engineering Board for the State of Georgia instructed NCEES that there is State Law limiting the cumulative amount to four attempts in one granting period, and after that examinee would have to get the permission for the fifth attempt. If on the fifth attempt the examinee failed, then Engineering Board for the State of Georgia would make the examinee go back to college to take the deficient subject courses as per NCEES FE exam's report.

---------

Well, I am happy that I can now pass the exam without worrying about breaking state law.

I've done my best (still a work in progress) to compile the tips and resources I've found while studying for the test as well as tips from readers and other websites.  You can find them at www.peexamtips.com.  Take a look and if there is something I can add please let me know! Thanks.

Back