Any baseball fans out there?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJHHEngineer P.E.

Got a bridge to sell ya.
Reaction score
Just curious.  I was scrolling through Facebook earlier today and MLB had an interesting post that pretty much took my mind off my pending exam results.

If you could see any pitcher-hitter matchup in history, past and present players, what would it be?

I'm curious to hear some other people's answers.  Hopefully this will occupy my mind a bit more...

I follow the local team (Rays) but I never followed the sport at that level of detail of history

YES! HUGE baseball fan here!! As for the pitcher/batter matchup, I'd have to think about that...

I'm an SF Giants fan, born and bred. Through the good times and the bad times. I abhor the Dodgers and, generally, their fans too.

Do I get to have players from the early 2000s when EVERYONE was doping? 
Any era you want. I'll throw a couple out there...

Prime Randy Johnson Vs. ~2000 David Ortiz Prime

Pedro Martinez vs. Mike Trout

and my personal favorite so far.... Bob Gibson vs. Any player that has ever done a bat flip.

I'd like to see Barry Bonds against Curt Schilling, but specifically where the pitch goes straight back into Schilling for what he did to my Cardinals in the World Series. 

I'd like to see Barry Bonds against Curt Schilling, but specifically where the pitch goes straight back into Schilling for what he did to my Cardinals in the World Series. 
I'm pretty sure they must have faced each other many a time, when Bonds was with the Giants and Schilling was with the Diamondbacks, especially. I don't know that Bonds ever hit it straight back to Schilling though! That was in Bonds' heyday dope times, when he broke the 70 home run record. I think he was mainly hitting home runs or getting intentionally walked in those times...

8 hours ago, Road Guy said:

slowest man to ever play the game!

Unfortunately, i was just a wee little one at around 3 years old when this happened...but as a Braves fan did I enjoy that now...

How's this one - Nolan Ryan vs. Ichiro - Raw power vs the finesse...

Or Aroldis Chapman vs. Juiced Up Mark McGwire - I always wanted to see a 900 ft home run...

Living in Atlanta in the 90's was a ton of fun for baseball, even if we only walked away with one Championship.

I'm pretty sure they must have faced each other many a time, when Bonds was with the Giants and Schilling was with the Diamondbacks, especially. I don't know that Bonds ever hit it straight back to Schilling though! That was in Bonds' heyday dope times, when he broke the 70 home run record. I think he was mainly hitting home runs or getting intentionally walked in those times...
I got to see him hit one into the Bay when he was on the quest to some ridiculous number. They walked him a bunch and then gave him a few opportunities. 

Back