Annex D of NFPA70

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLbS

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Should I study Annex D of NFPA 70 for the Power P.E. exam?

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

Thanks.
@Mbsamani I wouldn't discount it, but then again residential design hasn't really come up in most of my practice examples and studying. Most examples I have seen is determining the OCPD rating for miscellaneous loads, mostly motors, clearances, and transformers. So you would want to pay closer attention to articles 110, 220, 240, 310, 430, and 450.

Hi everyone,

Thanks.
Keep in mind, the ENTIRE NEC is fair game. You will probably be asked questions that none of your practice tests covered. Practice as many NEC drills as you can, and focus less on remembering information and more on understanding the layout of the NEC and its contents. A good bit of the NEC questions I ran into were on topics not covered by practice exams. Practice exams are heavy on conductor sizes, motors, OCPD, etc. but none of them really touch on the random topics. But that's okay, because you just need to practice looking up and learning NEC information on the fly.

Back