AM Construction

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smghouse

Reaction score
Can anyone suggests some books/problems to go through for the morning part of Construction module. Thanks

Can anyone suggests some books/problems to go through for the morning part of Construction module. Thanks
For the morning if you have Lindeburg CERM 11th ed it should help. I had an older edtion, but it was helpful for understanding CPM networks, basic job site safety, and economics problems (Chap 80-85). Also I would work the NCEES 208 sample exam, both morning and afternoon.

I also had Lindeburg's Civil Engineering Sample Exam and Kaplan's CE Sample Exam 2nd ed, they both had a lot of construction type problems, and help me. I got 3/8 in am const my first try, didn't under CPM problems very well, then I found they were easy.

Definitely be able to truck and bank cubic yard volume problems, there are a couple in NCEES sample exam and in CERM practice problems, they can show up in both construction or geotech morning exams.

Also probably should be good with construction staking principles, mass haul, and computing cut and fill areas, and volumes. Should be able areas by coordinates.

All of these things aren't to hard if you do several practice problems in each. several examples here on this forum.

Good Luck

Everything you were advised before is helpful. I found that Kaplan "Civil Engineering PE Licence Review" 17 adition covers Construction Section much better than CERM.

I only used the CERM. But then again, I work in Construction and took that afternoon depth.

I only used the CERM. But then again, I work in Construction and took that afternoon depth.
Badger,

you said that you didn't under CPM problems very well, then found they were easy.

Could you tell me the way you found to understand CPM. I learn critical path, but when the problem ask to figure Float Activities, LS, Es, LF,EF, etc., I am lost. Is it simple way to andersand it?

Back