All-electric Ford Mustang

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just heard on the radio on the drive in this morning that it's a 5-seat, crossover SUV.  WTF are they slapping the Mustang badge on a car that bears absolutely 0 resemblance to the car its named after?

It's basically an electrified Ford Puma. 

I suppose the car is okay, but they needed to go with something besides Mustang.  Since they want the "E" in there, they should have gone with the E-dsel.

TBH, looks like just about every other electric vehicle being rolled out nowadays.  Don't like that all the specs for it are 'estimates' based on computer simulations.  Also don't like that they say it'll do 0-60 in 3 seconds, but only if you get the $60k+ GT.  With AWD.  And the special batteries.  And other optional equipment.

I actually think that's pretty neat.  In my mind, as long as it's able to do what a truck does (haul and have a flat bed), I'm down.  And I like that it's super futuristic looking.  Trucks haven't changed too much since inception, so a new design (at least to try) is cool!

1978_ford_mustang_155443622695d565ef66e7dMG_3935-e1555379789851.jpg

History may be about to repeat itself.  It spent time in econo-box hell once already.

This reminds me of something my military leadership would say:

Good Initiative, Piss-poor judgement!

That looks like a Ford Taurus SHO

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw where they’re saying it’s got a 6.5 foot bed, but from the pictures, I’m not buying that. They also like to tout a 500 mile range and 14,000 lb towing capacity, but what’s that range drop to when towing said 14k pounds? I hope they took all the other towing factors into consideration...just because you’ve got enough power to pull 14k pounds, doesn’t mean you’re properly equipped for it.

Back