Address in License Lookup

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plainjane

Reaction score
Hi all. I am wondering if anyone knows why licensed engineers/geologists etc. have their addresses show up when their license is searched in the DCA lookup. Is there a way to avoid this?

I have a few nurse friends who are licensed, but when I search them, their addresses are hidden. Seems odd that I've never seen that when I've searched for an engineer.

A licensee's address of record is required to be made available to the public pursuant to the laws that govern licensed engineers, surveyors, and geologists in California.

Can't speak for the other licensing boards and nuances in those laws.

A licensee's address of record is required to be made available to the public pursuant to the laws that govern licensed engineers, surveyors, and geologists in California.

Can't speak for the other licensing boards and nuances in those laws.
Thanks for this information.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the entire purpose of the public facing address is so people know where to find you in case they need to sue you.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the entire purpose of the public facing address is so people know where to find you in case they need to sue you.
or more likely, so they know how to get ahold of you. But, if you wish to think in that manner, feel free to.

Back