Adding Credentials

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think my feeling is more self-directed. It wouldn't have even crossed my mind to add PE to my username here before I passed the PE exam. Now if I would have joined after you better believe my name would have been "Snevah PE". But ultimately you are totally right, there is ZERO problem with someone adding it to a username before passing the PE. I mostly had sad feelings for "[username] PE" guy making the decision to take the "PE" off. I just hope he decides to (and can) put it back.

Long story short, I agree with you on the usernames etiquette... usernames here don't matter. 
There's no legal problem with the "username PE" so long as they aren't offering their services. It probably shouldn't be done regardless because it diminishes the achievement for those who have passed.  

I can understand sympathy for the user that needed to change their name because they failed, but it took some chutzpah to add it prior to getting the results in the first place. They should change it back if they passed.

I paid on Friday afternoon, so I didn't expect any change until today. I'm curious about where @Jimbo Three is at too.
Yeah, you may not notice any change until later this afternoon or tomorrow morning.

Yeah, you may not notice any change until later this afternoon or tomorrow morning.
Update: Just got an email to download my license. Yep, license number is the same as my EIT number!

Still no change in the license lookup, but maybe that's slower to update

Update: Just got an email to download my license. Yep, license number is the same as my EIT number!

Congrats!!!!

I paid on Friday afternoon, so I didn't expect any change until today. I'm curious about where @Jimbo Three is at too.
Sorry for the late reply.. Long day today.. Yep, I'm official too! Received the email prompt to log in to the DLLR website to download a PDF of my license at about 2:30 pm today. Paid the licensing fee on Friday, so fairly prompt turnaround, IMHO. Printed it out all fancy schmancy (in color and everything). In a previous email from them they said the wall certificate would be mailed within four weeks.. Was still hoping to still attend the Maryland SPE awards night at some later date? Hopefully that still is in the works... Baltimore Engineer's Club looks like it's Da Bomb!!

Forgot to add that I showed up in the license lookup immediately after receiving the email from DLLR.. 

Can't wait to have fun with the nooobs this cycle 😈😈😈😈😈

In a previous email from them they said the wall certificate would be mailed within four weeks.. Was still hoping to still attend the Maryland SPE awards night at some later date? Hopefully that still is in the works... Baltimore Engineer's Club looks like it's Da Bomb!!
Huh, that's news to me. Maybe they aren't doing the awards ceremony for new PEs anymore? Let my membership lapse and I've been out of the loop a couple years...  I went to their website and it doesn't look like that held a ceremony for the October 2018 test or at least in the usual March timeframe. I see something on their calendar on Sep 26 for the "Fall NLE Awards", which would be about when previous April exam certificates were awarded.

The club is a old money swanky place. They've filmed scenes from a few movies there because of its distinctive look. The first one that comes to mind is Twelve Monkeys.

Can't wait to have fun with the nooobs this cycle 😈😈😈😈😈
That's the spirit!

I tend to follow what other fellow employee use for the designation to be somewhat consistent.

Back