A simple poll to see how out of touch I have been ...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you know what they are without Googling it??

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

I didn't know what they were until I was out this weekend and my date directed my attention to what she was wearing. To my chagrin, I had to be practically clubbed over the head to 'get' the reference ... :lmao:

Getting :eek:ldtimer: is a bitch ... :smileyballs:

JR

I have no idea. And I can't figure out if it should be a compliment or a put-down.

I knew about them because of my daughters. I googled just in case there was another reference, but it seems it's just what I thought. How, pray tell, did you and your date get to a discussion about apple bottoms? HMMMM?!! :)

I have no idea. And I can't figure out if it should be a compliment or a put-down.
That is a different commentary all together! :p

I knew about them because of my daughters. I googled just in case there was another reference, but it seems it's just what I thought. How, pray tell, did you and your date get to a discussion about apple bottoms? HMMMM?!! :)
It's the brand that she likes to wear. I figured cool, she likes stylish jeans, and then smiled and nodded my head in approval. I guess my lack of reaction registered the fact that I wasn't quite catching on to where she was coyly trying to direct my attention! :lmao:

Sometimes men are just dense .... :wacko: I was able to recover after that faux pas though! :plusone: :eyebrows:

I have no idea WTF anyone in this thread is talking about.
I am glad to know that I am not the only one who didn't get it. :)

Hint for FW: Google it

JR

Glad I'm not alone on that one.

I've always been fashion illiterate. Being partially color blind doesn't help. When I travel anywhere that jeans won't cut it, my wife helps me pack the clothes in sets so I don't end up dressing funny.

I hve a teenage daughter, I thank those members who are more"With it" for keeping abreast of these trends.

apple-bottom_jeans.jpg

I had no clue what you were talking about. Those "apples" don't look very practical, they're not even pockets.

:dunno:

so.. JR was apple pie on the menu?

I had no clue what you were talking about. Those "apples" don't look very practical, they're not even pockets.
They look functional to me... but I've never seen these in the wild.

JR: Do your hands fit in the pocket?

Well it is definitely refreshing to know I am not soooo far out of the loop by the responses in the poll. :)

why would you want jean that have back pockets in the shape of an apple w/stem?
I have no idea. However, I have come to realize the corollary to her point = "I am really, really, really high maintenance." :Locolaugh:

I hve a teenage daughter, I thank those members who are more"With it" for keeping abreast of these trends.
I am not really 'with it' but I will be happy to furnish reports on the state-of-dating from the front-lines. :)

As of today, I think the insurgents might be trying to fortify their position - her response to a second date went from absolutely Saturday night to maybe yesterday. I suddenly remember why dating was just so much fun. :smileyballs:

so.. JR was apple pie on the menu?
I thought there may have been the opportunity for a slice but ... we'll see.

JR: Do your hands fit in the pocket?
I don't know - I wasn't brazen enough to move-in for the slide and grope! If I get a second chance, I will let you know. :)

JR

I had no idea what they were. If this picture is indeed applebottom jeans, I think they look horrible. Does the picture show a "proper" fit? me thinks it is not all that flattering.

mee too.

why would you want jean that have back pockets in the shape of an apple w/stem?
excellent question.

^^^The whole club was lookin' at her!
she hit da flo...

I had no idea what they were. If this picture is indeed applebottom jeans, I think they look horrible. Does the picture show a "proper" fit? me thinks it is not all that flattering.
I agree

Last edited by a moderator:
After further research, I don't feel so bad about being out of touch

Evidently the jeans are a side project of Nelly's (did he have a hit after "Hot in herre?)

Plus, I don't subscribe to Mad Flava magazine..

AppleBottomNelly%20for%20Cover4_sm.jpeg

After further research, I don't feel so bad about being out of touch
Evidently the jeans are a side project of Nelly's (did he have a hit after "Hot in herre?)
Nice detective work there ODB as always!! :plusone:

Plus, I don't subscribe to Mad Flava magazine..
AppleBottomNelly%20for%20Cover4_sm.jpeg
I find that hard to believe with a name like ... ODB

:Locolaugh: :Locolaugh:

JR

Back