2020 Football (NFL / NCAA)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Urban Meyer is back off his anti depression meds again
He'll need them in Jacksonville.
I don't know. Jacksonville is a pretty ideal situation for a new coach.
  • #1 overall pick (which will definitely be Trevor Lawrence)
  • Lots of draft capital
  • Lots of salary cap space
  • Some decent young talent
Jacksonville and LA Chargers have consistently been rated the top 2 destinations for the head coach candidates.

Sure. But what that means is that you have management expecting immediate results by throwing a bunch of money at a team despite hitting the reset button, which often does not bode well.

FWIW, I also expect Lawrence to be an NFL bust. He's like so many of these other QB's that play just fine with amazing backs and an NFL caliber offensive line. Good for him if he doesn't, but I'm not holding my breath.

It's definitely true that ownership expectations can derail an otherwise good situation. I haven't heard/read anything about that in Jac right now.

Honestly I don't follow college closely enough to have my own opinion on Lawrence. I mean I watch many of the high profile games, but I'm not into it like I follow the NFL. (I guess that's what's happens when you go to a school without a football team.) I keep hearing analyists saying he's the most NFL ready QB in the last decade. But they said the same thing about Burrow, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As a Jets fan, I do not. Adam Gase did not put "ghosts" out on the field. He was just another product of the PAC 12 - inflated numbers in a conference that has no concept of defense.

But they said the same thing about Burrow, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's like a broken record here in Cincy...Mike Brown needs to stop thinking he knows how to run a football team. Sure, they did a great job bringing Joe Burrow on board, but apparently they forgot that they also need a decent offensive line to keep him from getting murdered. If I remember right, Burrow's numbers were actually pretty phenomenal before he went down which, considering how many times he got mugged, is even more impressive. I'd like to think someone might get their head out of their butts and build a better team around him for next season, but Mike Brown is an idiot so I'm not going to hold my breath.

For whatever it's worth, I give Darnold a pass for now because he's been stuck in the black whole of talent depletion that is Adam Gase. :LOL:
OMG... Adam Gase is being considered for offensive coordinator in Seattle!!! How does this guy still exist in the NFL??!?

I mean I don't expect him to get the job. But he's probably the most proven-as-terrible coach in the NFL, why would he even get a call?!

It's like a broken record here in Cincy...Mike Brown needs to stop thinking he knows how to run a football team. Sure, they did a great job bringing Joe Burrow on board, but apparently they forgot that they also need a decent offensive line to keep him from getting murdered. If I remember right, Burrow's numbers were actually pretty phenomenal before he went down which, considering how many times he got mugged, is even more impressive. I'd like to think someone might get their head out of their butts and build a better team around him for next season, but Mike Brown is an idiot so I'm not going to hold my breath.
I'd give Burrow a pass from bust criticism for at least another year or two. He was a rookie this year in a very average offense with a below average O-Line. He had a lot working against him, but as you said, he wasn't having that bad of a year numbers wise when he went down.

Even Mayfield - do I think he's a great QB? No, not really. Would I have taken him with a 1st Overall Pick...HELLL NO. But he managed to win some games in Cleveland...

I don't really follow NFL, but I hate the Packers. Online sports betting became legal in Michigan Friday, so I put my first-ever online sports bet on the Bucs to beat the spread. Doubly sweet to see the pack lose AND make money on it.

I can already hear the Super Bowl narrative in my head.
Tom Brady, the "greatest QB of all time," vs Patrick Mahomes, the greatest QB right now. It's the passing of the torch. It's Jordan vs Kobe all over again.

I think one of the reasons that Brady is so good is because he's always hangry...Give him a cheeseburger and that would be the end of it.

Back