2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had both doses. The second dose wiped my energy for about 24 hours; but all is good now. I'm having to travel again a bit more for work to keep contracts in order, so I'm glad I was vaccinated before traveling again.

^I think this has been apparent to anyone who has been paying attention and especially to those of us with some education in the air transport of pollutants. You cough and speak and expell little droplets containing the virus and other particles. Some of those droplets fall out of the air within 3-6 ft as was the basis for the old social distancing standards, but anyone with any knowledge of air pollutants should have been able to predict that the smallest of droplets would stay airborne longer, and potentially evaporate away to the bare virus/snot particle nuclei, that would then stay afloat for even longer.

After that, it's just a matter of dose. Which means an equation of time, ventilation, number of people, volume of talking (shouting, singing etc.), and whether or not people are blocking the creation of airborne particles by wearing masks. Building a mental model of all that points pretty strongly to what the higher risk locations are - bars, churches, indoor sporting events, etc.

I wonder if anyone still considers Bill Gates the pure holy philanthropist doing good out of the abundance of his heart in the face of revelations coming out about his whoremongering and being a pussy-hound at Microsoft and The Gates Foundation while married. He got a reputation as someone whose behavior in business settings was inappropriate and yet the media covered for him to keep his squeaky clean image intact. I can only imagine the things he got up to while visiting Jeffrey Epstein.

I wonder if anyone still considers Bill Gates the pure holy philanthropist doing good out of the abundance of his heart in the face of revelations coming out about his whoremongering and being a pussy-hound at Microsoft and The Gates Foundation while married. He got a reputation as someone whose behavior in business settings was inappropriate and yet the media covered for him to keep his squeaky clean image intact. I can only imagine the things he got up to while visiting Jeffrey Epstein.
His sex life, while also being none of our business, has nothing to do with his philanthropic efforts. He has donated billions of dollars to a wide variety of humanitarian causes across the globe. Covid-19 is the biggest humanitarian crises the world has seen during our lifetimes. If you want to have wild conspiracy theories that he is trying to take over the world through the Covid vaccine, you'd be better served not stating that publicly. "It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it."

His sex life, while also being none of our business, has nothing to do with his philanthropic efforts. He has donated billions of dollars to a wide variety of humanitarian causes across the globe. Covid-19 is the biggest humanitarian crises the world has seen during our lifetimes. If you want to have wild conspiracy theories that he is trying to take over the world through the Covid vaccine, you'd be better served not stating that publicly. "It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it."
I agree that his personal life does not invalidate his philanthropic efforts. (In general society doesn't like to view public figures as complete and complex people with both good and bad aspects, but I won't get on that soapbox now.)
But if Bill Gates is doing anything illegal (sexual harassment or worse), it is in the public's interest to know about it.

Except that it is coming from his (ex-)wife and implies that all his philanthropy was done to show the world what a great guy he is while hiding the fact that he's a dirtbag/pedophile.

My office building just lifted almost all restrictions for those who are fully vaccinated. They are still maintaining that masks must be worn for unvaccinated people and they are still asking the usual 5 COVID questions when tenants and visitors first arrive.

1623941019540.png

Sad, avoidable, but true.

Also, I remember when Electric Ave. was on MTV's rotation back in the day. It was shortly after we got Cable TV and went from getting 6 channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, an Independent Station and a religious broadcasting station) to getting 40+/-. That was progress. Also, there was no remote. If you wanted to change channels you had to get up and adjust the CATV box.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Sad, avoidable, but true.

Also, I remember when Electric Ave. was on MTV's rotation back in the day. It was shortly after we got Cable TV and went from getting 6 channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, an Independent Station and a religious broadcasting station) to getting 40+/-. That was progress. Also, there was not remote. If you wanted to change channels you had to get up and adjust the CATV box.
No dude, look how long that cord is. I would lay my ass down on the floor with a pillow and use that as a "remote" all day!

This is what ours looked like. I still think of the lower channels in terms of which of the three "tiers" they were on:

1627865747552.png

No dude, look how long that cord is. I would lay my ass down on the floor with a pillow and use that as a "remote" all day!

This is what ours looked like. I still think of the lower channels in terms of which of the three "tiers" they were on:

View attachment 23202
We had one of those bad boys, and a TV with wooden side panels that matched for good measure. When we finally upgraded, I still played with that thing as a toy.

Does anyone have any data on why people are not getting vaccinated? I see there is a push to get the full FDA approval, but I think that's going to have minimal affect.

Back