2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also read that the treatment for these types of blood clots (with low platelet count) is opposite of how most blood clots are treated (with heparin) and they wanted to make sure doctors were aware to not just automatically use the normal treatment.
Yes, I heard the same thing a day or 2 ago. Normally you would treat blood clots with Heparin, but in this case Heparin actually makes it worse.

^^Just a computer simulation with people drinking way to close to others.

Sad thing is that this isn't what goes on in Tokyo. People value their space when they get toasted!

^^Just a computer simulation with people drinking way to close to others.

Sad thing is that this isn't what goes on in Tokyo. People value their space when they get toasted!
Doesn't Japan have a ton of teeny tiny bars with just a handful of seats though?

Yeah, but strangers aren't around a table. In those places are in a single line or maybe an L. The largest one I saw had seating for 8. Most are like 4 or 5.

Plus, if you get rowdy or talk too loud you get shown the door pretty quick in those places.

Granted, this is Tokyo. They may very well what is shown in the model in Osaka.

The L shape is what I remember from watching Anthony Bourdain.

That's pretty smart thinking on the bars/restaurants. They won't ever get close to normal if we don't reach herd immunity, and we won't reach herd immunity unless most people get vaccinated. Giving away a free drink or menu item is a small price to pay to entice people to get jabbed.

Yeah the incentives need to be centered around bars, sports and NASCAR to get to that remaining 40% who think the vaccine will turn them into 5G cellphone towers.

Serious (probably hypothetical) question- what is the demographic that's not getting vaccinated?

Serious (probably hypothetical) question- what is the demographic that's not getting vaccinated?
I've seen statistics showing that a high percentage of Republicans/conservatives have more "vaccine hesitancy" than Democrats/liberals. (Don't remember the specific numbers.)

Also the vaccine is much more available and easier to get in cities than in rural areas. On average there are fewer appointments per capita, and people are required to travel further to get vaccinated in rural areas.

I've seen statistics showing that a high percentage of Republicans/conservatives have more "vaccine hesitancy" than Democrats/liberals. (Don't remember the specific numbers.)

Also the vaccine is much more available and easier to get in cities than in rural areas. On average there are fewer appointments per capita, and people are required to travel further to get vaccinated in rural areas.
True. Just look at Mississippi.

Back