2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a very rare event. It's less than one in a million.

Your chances of developing that type of blood clot while just walking down the street is 5 is 1,000,000. Since Fauci’s saying you chances are 1 in 1,000,000 with the shot, by his logic, the J&J vaccine actually prevents blood clots.

How is it any more complicated than that? Pretty good chance that, out of 7 million people, there are going to be a few that end up getting cancer. Are we now supposed to jump to the conclusion that the vaccine also causes cancer?
I mean, we jumped to the conclusion that McDonalds french fries cause cancer, so why not?

I got my first dose last week. I literallly felt like I had the flu the next day. It was worse than when I had Covid. The second day, I felt fine.

I uploaded a gif and it produced a still image because I forgot to save it on my desktop first and THEN upload it. Can I conclude the vaccine causes forgetfulness? Or was I already forgetful? I don't remember.

5fe9c737ae1a9.jpeg

Oh, that felt better. I've been away for too long.

I think the issue with the J&J blood clot statistics is not the rate (6 out of over 6 million) but the timing. Yes, the rate is less than the statistical background, but the fact that they occurred so soon after the vaccination is reason to be concerned and why CDC and FDA are taking the steps now to pause and investigate.

That is interesting, but I have two thoughts:

1. Africa shouldn't be congratulating themselves yet. This isn't over (look at India - they were slow to take off but now their numbers are crazy).

2. The age structure / demographics in Africa may explain most of the difference in death toll. Regardless of political correctness, Africa still remains a place where people just don't live that long. See the population pyramid:

View attachment 18865

Compare this to the US:

Chart-1.png

There are simply more old people in the US than there are in Africa. From that alone, we should expect a higher death rate in the US compared to Africa. The so-far lower death rates in India may also be attributed to this, to a great extent:

Population_pyramid_of_India_2016.png
Wow, India is really losing control: 273,802 new cases yesterday:

1618873971762.png

That's a pretty crazy spike. I wonder if there is an increase in testing for some reason that correlates?

I think the issue with the J&J blood clot statistics is not the rate (6 out of over 6 million) but the timing. Yes, the rate is less than the statistical background, but the fact that they occurred so soon after the vaccination is reason to be concerned and why CDC and FDA are taking the steps now to pause and investigate.

I also read that the treatment for these types of blood clots (with low platelet count) is opposite of how most blood clots are treated (with heparin) and they wanted to make sure doctors were aware to not just automatically use the normal treatment.

Back