2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess it is a good and bad thing. Snickette is obviously washing her hands a lot (a good thing), but she has developed a rash on her hands from the overwashing. Need to find a mini lotion bottle to send with her to school to use after washing her hands so it doesn't get really bad. Or the school changed soaps.

I guess it is a good and bad thing. Snickette is obviously washing her hands a lot (a good thing), but she has developed a rash on her hands from the overwashing. Need to find a mini lotion bottle to send with her to school to use after washing her hands so it doesn't get really bad. Or the school changed soaps.
The soap at my old company’s office did this to my hands. It was awful pink liquid soap. I know it was the soap, because the soap they had when I first started working there was not pink and did not do that. I used the Neutrogina Norwegian lotion to help.

@snickerd3, I hate neutrogena products. They actually cause me to break out now. The lotion I've found that works the best for me is lubriderm or aveeno (lubriderm I like a bit more since it doesn't leave a residue/I can use it on my whole body). If she has a rash, I'd do an old-fashioned vaseline smear overnight with gloves for a few days to reduce redness.

2-days post covid vaccine = I feel much better. I have a kinda sore throat on one side (maybe I slept weird) and the injection point itches a little, but it's not longer a huge red splotch that is hard and red and covers half of my upper arm.

So interesting! My nurse friend who got the second dose (Pfizer, I believe) just had a bit of a headache after getting it. For the record, she had a headache before getting the second dose, and got it in the middle of her shift, so had to work several hours afterwards. She had barely any reaction to either the first or the second dose! I guess there’s a huge spectrum of side effects.

So interesting! My nurse friend who got the second dose (Pfizer, I believe) just had a bit of a headache after getting it. For the record, she had a headache before getting the second dose, and got it in the middle of her shift, so had to work several hours afterwards. She had barely any reaction to either the first or the second dose! I guess there’s a huge spectrum of side effects.

I believe if you've had the virus already you have a bigger reaction based on what I've heard. Pfizer also causes less reaction is the rumor as well.

Bill Gates is a software guru, he has no medical training or experience but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. That makes him an expert on viruses, pandemics and vaccines.

Attachments

• Gatesface.jpg
    Gatesface.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Holiday Inn Express.jpg
    Holiday Inn Express.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 6
Bill Gates is a software guru, he has no medical training or experience but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. That makes him an expert on viruses, pandemics and vaccines.
I know you're making a joke, but I do get really tired of this very bad argument.

Bill Gates has been the leader of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for much longer than he was a working software developer. He has more experience fighting infectious disease, from an administration and operation perspective, than almost anyone else on the planet. This is directly within his area of expertise.

I think the way they went about it was shitty, but I don't see how it's any different than places like hospitals where the staff are required to receive COVID/flu vaccines, etc.

I think the way they went about it was shitty, but I don't see how it's any different than places like hospitals where the staff are required to receive COVID/flu vaccines, etc.
Agreed. I wonder if she has their initial statement "Vaccine not mandatory" in writing. Wonder if she can throw that at them as a counter argument. Although, it said it right in the article - she wasn't against receiving it. She just was not sure whether it was safe/recommended due to her plan to try and get pregnant. If I'm her, screw those guys. Run the other way and find somewhere else (which, obviously in this time is a lot easier said than done).

Sounds to me like this issue could be opening a whole can of worms. Just some of the stuff that initially comes to mind:
-Not sure about other hospitals, but when I was at the VA, they were not allowed to make employees get the flu vaccine. Your choice was, get the flu shot or wear a mask during flu season.
-If wearing a mask works then why isn't that an alternative? If we "have" to get a vaccine, are they now telling us that masks don't work?
-It'll be interesting to see how the current "my body, my choice" Gov't goes about this. Are they going to say vaccines are mandatory?

Not any time soon, since everything is still in emergency use approval, Kids can't get them right now, effects on preg/nursing group is unknown, etc... until they are approved for full non-emergency use I don't see how they can "require" it. It will probably become part of the regular vaccination schedule for kids, and a shot required for travel like to certain countries now.

I dont think any (or many) hospitals are requiring the covid vaccine

only 60% of the people at the mrs hospital took the vaccine (all were offered)

But they do require the flu shot as a condition of employment

There was a good article in the daily ENR email this morning. It was from the Monterey County Herald and referenced California law throughout. The article stated the biggest difference between C19 vaccine and all the others available/required for schools is the FDA has not explicitly approved it yet. They opined that there would be very few issues within industries like engineering. Healthcare, senior care and other public facing that can't work from home occupations were a whole another bag of works though.

Definitely a **** way to do it on the restaurants part.

Back