2019 Novel Coronavirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Did the mask mandate come after widespread infection? 

2. Is the mask mandate enforced? 

3. Is the population density different between the various counties? 

4. Does the non-mandated counties wear masks even without the mandate? 

Well I assume Knox includes Knoxville which is a college town, so a lot of people living close together. One may include Bristol which is on VA border and has the intersection of two interstates so a lot of commercial traffic in it.

I honestly don't understand people. 

1. The basic principle behind wearing a mask is simple: to catch droplets/microdroplets/aerosols from your mouth and nose, and thereby protect others (not yourself). It makes intuitive sense. About as much intuitive sense as anything. 

2. Wearing a mask is easy.

I really don't get the resistance to stepping up and doing something yourself to prevent infection in others. I know a lot of it is driven by politics and social media, which has convinced a lot of people that wearing a mask is an infringement on their liberties, or the first step of the government taking over your lives, or that a mask doesn't protect you from anything (no one ever said it does.) 

I'm just continually amazed at the general stupidity of people.

I think someone has posted this here before but the third panel is really the closest to reality.  Plus it's on the level that most of the anti-mask people can understand. 

1200x0.jpg

It's just rude not to wear a mask right now.  The same as it is not to sneeze or cough into your sleeve when we're not in a pandemic.

So what’s worse

- people who refuse to wear a mask at all.

- people (Looking at you LA) who wear their masks while driving their Tesla to Whole Foods but then have grandma and aunt Bessie over for dinner 3X a week?

Best quote I saw today, "she should have listened to the Professor, not the Millionaire"

Back