2010 Hurst Mustang Pace car

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVED the paint on the early Olds right up through the 80's G Bodies. In fact, my 79 Cutlass will be getting the white paint with the gold pinstripe on the sides.

On that car, with that body style, and those lines, it looks awful. They should have just put gold SS stripes on it and called it a day, and even that would have looked ugly.

Not digging those stripes over 'blacked out' hood and deck.

The Only Hust Olds I liked aesthetically were the 68s. The rest just looked silly to me with the overblown paint/scoops/spoilers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy. There's nothing like a suped up sports car put together by Hurst with an AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. :tardbang:

Oh boy. There's nothing like a suped up sports car put together by Hurst with an AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. :tardbang:
I believe that Hurst pioneered the dual-gate shifter. With the advancements in automatic tranys these days, it can be setup to shift more consistently than is posiible to shift manually resulting in faster acceleration times. Although it's not as much fun as a stick, it's a welcome relief when you're stuck in traffic.

I like it! I don't know if I'm a fan of the auto either but I will say that my Ex had an 06 Mustang GT with an Automatic transmission....and it was VERY impressive to me, so I can only imagine what that supercharger would add to that. I'll bet it's fun to drive.

I actually liked the colors too, it was retro, and looked it.

I'm waiting for the BOSS 302 to come out next. I want an orange one!

I love the look of both the new mustangs and camaro's but wouldnt ever buy one...

still saving for a old lifted jeep to buy one day....

The only Hurst shifters I liked were the lightning rods for the three speed autos! Three separate levers with the knobs on top. Those things cost a FORTUNE if you find an original.

I believe that Hurst pioneered the dual-gate shifter. With the advancements in automatic tranys these days, it can be setup to shift more consistently than is posiible to shift manually resulting in faster acceleration times. Although it's not as much fun as a stick, it's a welcome relief when you're stuck in traffic.
I agree with MS. Automatic transmissions on a supercharged V8 are definately :tardbang:

Additionally, why would anyone want to drive a Hurst Mustang in traffic?

^What do you have in the draggin' wagon?

A Powerglide shifted by a Hurst Pistol Grip Quarterstick.

Hurst%20Pistol%20Grip.jpg

Everyone should know the only proper way to shift an automatic is with pushbuttons on the dash.

Back