Norton Antivirus

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TouchDown

Is it Friday yet?
Reaction score
So I have Norton 360 on all 3 of our computers.

The computer I replaced the power supply in works great after the fix, but for some reason after booting up, not my Norton Subscription was "expired".

I got online and worked for about an hour trying to work through their suggested fixes. Running one of their online applications to repair. Now it says I have 16 days left on my subscription, but my subscription on their website isn't up until Nov 2.

Try to find a phone number for these bastards. It took me for freakin ever to find an online chat option. Not that I have it, I've been "in queue" for over an hour and I'm still stuck at #3 in queue. started at 27.

I want to reach through the frickin computer and strangle the turd sandwich that is the manager of customer service at Norton.

At least I can read EB.com while I wait...

My suggestion is to uninstall Norton (XP seems to unistall it just fine), and install something free like AVG.

Actually, our IT guy doesn't like AVG anymore, maybe because they're marketing their non-free versions so much. But he hasn't offered up an alternative, and it's still free....

Is the system date/time correct?

another fan/user of AVG Free here..... it's the only thing I use/recommend.... I do hate the "upgrade to the non-free version" stuff, but as long as their not forcing it, annoying with it, or causing issues, I understand.... they've gotta make money somehow...

I hate Norton. Now that you're expired, expect peripherals to not be recognized, one at a time, until the mouse/keyboard is no longer recognized. Happened to me.

Go with AVG. As others said, that upgrade stuff is irritating, but a small price to pay.

I'll never put Norton on anything I own.

Well, I may have to remove and do AVG in November, it's either that or be forced back into the Norton blackhole. When their program runs good, it's fine, but when it screws up, from what others have said - it can completely screw your world up.

Norton can kiss the fattest part of my ass. They do more to ruin computers than they do to protect computers from virii.

I agree with the other posters - completely HATE Norton products!

I have been using McAfee for some time but I believe most of these programs are on-par with providing adequate virus protection. :)

JR

the Corporate versions of Norton's software (technically, Symantec makes Norton) are actually pretty good, reliable, etc... The IT world demands stability/etc... We had F-secure before, and it wasn't bad, but wasn't great... we switched to Symantec Antivirus, haven't had an issue since... I don't even know it's there/running/etc....

The only good program ever to come out of Norton was Norton Ghost.

Back