Project Tracking

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

udpolo15

Reaction score
Does anyone have any examples of a good project tracking spreadsheets. I have a couple projects that have lot going on and would like to start sending out a weekly run down on what is on tap. I am not look for a schedule or a task tracking spreadsheet, but a concise way to summarize what is going on and stuff that may hit in the next week or two.

Thanks.

I suggest making your own. That way it will be what YOU need. Play around with one and change it or re-do it to get it where you want it. If you're tracking scheduled milestones, money, issues, etc, you can make a column for each and a row to give status as of date. Update weekly; if no change, copy previous. Hide past status dates.

I'm not saying this is the right way for you, but it would be a start to figure out what you need.

Mary, I agree I'll need to customized, but it always helps to see different examples of how people present the info.

SuperAlpha - I definitely don't want to use project for what I am looking for. I am looking for something pretty general.

I used job meeting minutes for this purpose. Key feature was a column for "ball in court" -- ie, who had the next step. I'd check in with people to see if they needed anything from me to have the task ready for the next deadline (often but not always our next meeting). That really helped to set the tone of everyone depending on each other to keep commitments and made for a great project....even though we had 4 primes and 40-odd subs.

I used job meeting minutes for this purpose. Key feature was a column for "ball in court" -- ie, who had the next step.
Is this a software package? I've never heard of it, but it sounds like a useful tool.

udpolo, I don't have any of my old files. I used Excel for a very simple schedule. I have also used Microsoft Project. I think it takes a lot of effort for the benefit.

I was just a business plan meeting brainstorming session - my group is wanting to employ 'project management' principles to planning out schedules and allocating resources.

Interestingly, they want to employ Microsoft Project to develop the schedules and a few other whizbang items. The fundamental problem I see (and have seen) is how I manage my day-to-day time with those three of four major projects. I still haven't found an efficient way other than a notepad and checklist.

JR

Is this a software package? I've never heard of it, but it sounds like a useful tool.
It came from Primavera SureTrak (a very simple version of Primavera Project Planner), however the concept can be used for any meeting minutes - just add a column. What was a nice feature is SureTrack had an automated dunning letter -- you clicked on the meeting minutes item and it would pop out a note. I haven't used it in quite a few years, but it was really helpful.

http://www.oracle.com/applications/primave...a-suretrak.html

It came from Primavera SureTrak (a very simple version of Primavera Project Planner), however the concept can be used for any meeting minutes ...

Thanks. I think I might have access to SureTrak at work. I just dread getting into another application right now. Maybe when my craziness slows down.

Back