What's your favorite video game?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was hilarious! Aw, the memories of the original super mario brothers. I love the version where someone beats it in 5 minutes

At work, we recently found out about all the emulators available and all the classic ROMs you can download... For the last week or so we've all been talking about our favorite games from the past, and playing a few of them with the emulators... Tecmo Bowl/Super Bowl came up quite a bit... as did Pitfall and Super Mario Bros,at least on the console side... I ended up finding a website that had hundreds on NES games available... and then another to get emulators for anything from an Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 to a Wii....

when it comes to PC games, I've always been a fan of the Chris Sawyer games (Transport Tycoon, Trans. Tycoon Deluxe, Roller Coaster Tycoon 1-3, Locomotion)... Nothing like managing a network of a few hundred trains, ships, trucks, buses and planes for endless hours... Or trying to build the coolest looking coaster that you wish you could build in real life and then try to build a park to support it..... God knows how different my life would've been had I not been glued to a PC trying to keep trains from crashing into each other....

God knows how different my life would've been had I not been glued to a PC trying to keep trains from crashing into each other....
You probably would have lost your virginity by now.

joke.gif

That was hilarious! Aw, the memories of the original super mario brothers. I love the version where someone beats it in 5 minutes
I was able to get to level 8 in about 5 minutes, but I don't know about beating the entire game in 5 minutes. supermario bros rulz!

I was a HUGE fan of the LucasArts adventure games of yesteryear. In fact, I did some web stuff with Mixnmojo, and almost went out to E3 one year. I was a die hard Sam and Max fan, the Monkey Island series, but my all time favorite, and one of the most beautiful games from an art and detail perspective, was Grim Fandango.

I've been playing ArtStyle:Cubello on Wii, very addictive and simple like the arcade games of yore.

I've mostly been an arcade type nerd most of my life but don't have room for them now. Shooters have always been a fave of mine and my all time fave is probably Gradius V on PS2.

At work, we recently found out about all the emulators available and all the classic ROMs you can download... For the last week or so we've all been talking about our favorite games from the past, and playing a few of them with the emulators... Tecmo Bowl/Super Bowl came up quite a bit... as did Pitfall and Super Mario Bros,at least on the console side... I ended up finding a website that had hundreds on NES games available... and then another to get emulators for anything from an Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 to a Wii....
Yeah, my hubby downloaded the old nintendo emulators onto his x-box several years ago and went through a "games of the past" phase. I don't remember the names, one of them was a war/strategy/conquering of lands type game with generals that had chinese sounding names, another one was a more futuristic war/strategy game where you had to send airplane bombers to bomb cities and take them over, or something like that. They didn't hold my interest for very long so I never bothered to learn the names of the games.

I recently played the original super mario brothers on the Wii - I guess you can download them onto the Wii from the Nintendo website. That and Super Mario Bros 3 were my favorites. If you type into Youtube "Super Mario Brothers 5 minutes" you will probably find that video of someone beating the game. There is another one for Super Mario 3 that was beat in 11 minutes, it is equally impressive. I was getting dizzy from the fast paced/low resolution video.

Last edited by a moderator:
As of late it would have been Halo (nothing really now)

Retro stuff, Mortal Kombat offered some epic sessions, as did Double Dragon & Zelda.

Probably overall winner for me would be MK

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, my hubby downloaded the old nintendo emulators onto his x-box several years ago and went through a "games of the past" phase. I don't remember the names, one of them was a war/strategy/conquering of lands type game with generals that had chinese sounding names, another one was a more futuristic war/strategy game where you had to send airplane bombers to bomb cities and take them over, or something like that. They didn't hold my interest for very long so I never bothered to learn the names of the games.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Ms. Pacman, my cousin made her son download it onto his Xbox 360.

I can't see the video.

But, I'd have to say that the two video games that sucked up the largest pieces of my life have been Civilization (the Windows 3.1 version) and Grand Theft Auto Vice City (while my wife was pregnant with my son - no more video games after he was born :( )

Star Wars Battlefront

"Did you hear something"

Yeah, that was me lining you up for a head shot, you tin can.

Call of Duty is second.

Back