What now?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ralph

Reaction score
Obtaining my license has been in the back of my mind since passed the FE and I graduated college about 12 years ago. For about the last 2.5 years of those 12 I have been actively pursuing my P.E., getting references and the application lined out, studying, and finally taking the test. There was a slight delay because I changed jobs about a year ago and it put a real dent in the study time while I adjusted to the new company. I passed this April, got the letter from the state, and the stamp so I'm all official, and I am left wondering "What now?" I kind of set myself up to believe that I might not pass and I had time to figure out what I wanted next but things turned out much better and I don't have any grand plan for the use of my new license. So I'm asking all of you:

1) How did you use it, or do you plan to use it right after passing?

2) How did you use it, or do you plan to use it 5 - 10 years down the road?

3) How did you use it, or do you plan to use it 10+ years down the road?

A preemptive "thank you" for your input.

Ralph

Last edited by a moderator:
never used it. got canned the week i got it, went into project management where i didnt need it and kind of like it over there. it is sometimes a hiring requirement so its nice to have it for that but i doubt that thing will ever see ink.

Its been a sore spot for me for some time, all our docs need to be stamped so I really need it. I will sign away but first I will make them suffer under my power.

Last edited by a moderator:
never used it. i got it just in case i ever got layed off. with all of the layoffs going on, i'm using it to appy for government engineering jobs that require a PE. it has opened doors, instead of being limited to engineering associate positions (that do not require a PE, but offer much less pay).

I use mine maybe every other day. I currently am licensed in 5 states.

In fact, I have taken and will take more exams. I'm working on my CA Civil right now.

Back