Anyone got the PG license?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelambre

pelambre
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I already got my PE license, I was wondering if is it too hard in order to get the PG license.

I know i need to have maybe 4 years of experience working under a PG (which is not my case), i have worked all my live under a PE.

And also what is the state that makes things easier paperwork wise in order to get the PG license?

Please let me know.

^^LOL!

It's the professional geologist "add on" to the CA PE license.

lgarcia -

Some states actually have PG licensures (IL & IN come to mind). What State are you in? MI does not have or really require a PG / CPG license although you can still gain that credential through AIPG (http://ne-aipg.org/).

This from http://www.aipg-ohio.org/registration.html

Certified Professional GeologistEducation

36 semester or 54 quarter hours in geological sciences with a baccalaureate or higher degree

Certified copy of official transcripts must be sent by each college or university

Experience

8 years beyond bachelor's degree

or 7 years beyond master's degree

or 5 years beyond doctorate

Sponsors

3 required from professional geologists

2 of whom must be CPGs

Certification/Registration - None required

Screening

Section

National

Application Fee

$50 - to upgrade from Registered member

Member to CPG - fee is $35

Annual Dues

$120 plus Secion dues

Both are pro-rated for remainder of year when accepted
I'm not really sure what attaining this type of credential (i.e. non-sanctioned at State level) gives for you though, other than 'curb-appeal' initials

error_matrix,

Thanks for your reply,

Given those conditions, it seems i will not sit for a PG exam for a while.

Probably there are other states with more flexible requirements, specially for me, a civil engineer.

Thanks again

Back