Is There Any Way One Can Find Out His Score If Passed?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THUDore

Reaction score
Is There Any Way One Can Find Out His Score If Passed PE?

The state board told me that NCEE did not give them the scores.

If you passed, why would you even care!! But if you must know, there is a way to extrapolate it. Here is the formual:

Pass = PE license = new job or promotion = more money

Yes... I can think of two ways. One is to hire some black ops guys (think Blackwater!) to visit 280 Seneca Creek Road. The other, and more legal way, is to file some sort of FOIA request (which is a FEDERAL public access law that doesn't apply to states) with your state.

Does anyone have evidence the state boards don't receive the information?

I am not 100% sure...but Is Texas give out score? I think you can still request for the score if you pass...(according to my friend in NY)...however you need to submit a crazy application and pay extra for the score.....I don't think it is worth for that.....

I am not 100% sure...but Is Texas give out score? I think you can still request for the score if you pass...(according to my friend in NY)...however you need to submit a crazy application and pay extra for the score.....I don't think it is worth for that.....

Virginia gives out scores, 82 first try on civil/construction! South Carolina used to give out scores when I took the FE in 2002. :fencing: :construction:

They're lying. Texas gives out the scores whether you passed or failed. Maybe filing some sort of "Freedom of Information Act" application is the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're lying. Texas gives out the scores whether you passed or failed. Maybe filing some sort of "Freedom of Information Act" application is the way to go.
This has come up on here before. Some states have in their laws that a score is required - pass or fail. It seems like it's TX, VA and a few others.

Yes... I can think of two ways. One is to hire some black ops guys (think Blackwater!) to visit 280 Seneca Creek Road. The other, and more legal way, is to file some sort of FOIA request (which is a FEDERAL public access law that doesn't apply to states) with your state.
Does anyone have evidence the state boards don't receive the information?
I agree with this method..

But would like to throw in hiring a hacker to hack into the NCEES system. You can probably make your money back too if you charged 10$ for each score you released...

I think the argument has been made before that since candidates are measured against a minimal level and not against each other, a score above the line doesn't mean anything except that you passed. I guess if you knew your score you could say you're more minimally competent than someone else with a lower score but that doesn't mean you're necessarily brighter. ncees isn't writing questions to see who the smartest engineer is, they're writing to see if you meet a certain level. I guess the argument is someone who passes by one point is every bit minimally competent than those who got all of them right.

Don't you have any other useful work other than trying to find out your score after passing it? Just tell me one person who will care even if you have topped the list.

Don't you have any other useful work other than trying to find out your score after passing it? Just tell me one person who will care even if you have topped the list.
mmmh, i got a secret admirer who really really cares. But sorry I can't tell you dude. :f_115m_e45d7af:

I think the argument has been made before that since candidates are measured against a minimal level and not against each other, a score above the line doesn't mean anything except that you passed. I guess if you knew your score you could say you're more minimally competent than someone else with a lower score but that doesn't mean you're necessarily brighter. ncees isn't writing questions to see who the smartest engineer is, they're writing to see if you meet a certain level. I guess the argument is someone who passes by one point is every bit minimally competent than those who got all of them right.
What's more, I wonder if they withold exact scores for legal reasons as well.

Lawyer "So Mr. Joe, you hired Mr. Mike, who ONLY recieved an 80% on his PE, yet you felt comfortable letting him work on the thingamabob that killed my client? Maybe if he was a 20% better engineer my client would still be alive." Et cetera.

I know when I got my CHL/CCW, that only pass/fail was recorded for this exact reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back