Failure Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Post here if you failed...
I guess most people don't have the energy to post or look at the board much after they get a failure notice. I still have a 2 to 3 week wait for results (MD), and hope this is my last post to this thread!

I guess most people don't have the energy to post or look at the board much after they get a failure notice. I still have a 2 to 3 week wait for results (MD), and hope this is my last post to this thread!
That was kind of my point in making this thread. From the responses of peoples results it seems like everyone passes, but those that failed either never report or give the news delayed.

When I failed in October, I just went away quietly to wallow in my misery. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

I too crawled into a hole when I got the fail letter for the Oct exam. I have noticed a few people have posted that they could not see themselves taking the next exam if they are unfortunate enough not to pass this time. I, however, would definetly recommend taking it right away. I think you will retain a lot of info/knowledge that you gained studying this time around. You'll be more comfortable taking it the next time b/c you'll be familiar with how the test goes as far as types of problems, time management, etc. When you get your scoring breakdown, you'll know what areas you need to concentrate more on and which ones you already have a handle on. Besides, who wants to worry for another year before taking it again. Jump back on that horse and get it done. I should also say this with the caveat that I am still waiting to hear on my results, so I have no idea how I did. Best I can tell, CO and NM are the only two email notification states still waiting on emails from NCEES.

There is no shame in not passing a difficult exam the first time. I took the EIT twice and PE four times. There are many who never take if because it is an opportunity to "fail". If you are brave enough to take EIT or PE, you have something to be proud of. Never give up. I will be your cheerleader the next time if you need it.

:wave2:

I failed. Considering I was working 60 hours weeks for the 2 months leading up to the exam, I didn't really think I had a chance at passing anyways. I figured I might as well show up, see what it was like, and learn from the results as to what I need to study for next time. I'll admit that it still sucked seeing "fail" on the results, but I'm not loosing any sleep over it.

Perfect way to look at it. I was thinking the same thing. Any of us who fails has a LOT more information for the next time he goes in. Good luck in October!

I failed. Considering I was working 60 hours weeks for the 2 months leading up to the exam, I didn't really think I had a chance at passing anyways. I figured I might as well show up, see what it was like, and learn from the results as to what I need to study for next time. I'll admit that it still sucked seeing "fail" on the results, but I'm not loosing any sleep over it.
I agree - there were a few attempts at the exam where I was unable to put in the time to study, but I went for it anyway - just to sit through it. Yes - the FAIL letter was not pleasent, but it allowed me the experience in that room. I am not proud of the times I failed, but I look at it this way - I may have failed more than some- BUT I PASSED IT THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIMES EVERY OTHER LICENSED ENGINEER DID - ONCE!

And that my friend is all you need! :bananapowerslide:

Don't feel too bad. I'm waiting on my fourth set of results and am willing to subject myself to a 5th test if...well...I'm confident that I won't be in that boat.

I had zero time to study for the April test, but because the EE test changed formats, I took it anyway so I would have a "heads up" to study for the upcoming October exam. Well, it turns out the new format was much easier and I passed. It's probably not a good idea to burn a chance to sit for the exam anyway. No shame in failing an attempt.

I failed. And it sucks big time.
And its like slap in my face, I suck. :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

NEED:

Best thing to do is get absolutely hammered (don't drink the brown, just makes your head hurt worse trust me) and take it again in October. I failed last October and am currently awaiting the results from April. When you pass, no one knows how many times you had to take it. I feel for you.....sucks big time.

No, you don't really suck. Give it a little time, then gear up for next exam. I did it 4 times on PE. I figure, if it was easy enough for everyone to pass on the 1st attempt, it wouldn't be an engineer's license. :)

I definitely feel your pain. I'm waiting patiently for my results for what I hope to be the last frickin time I ever have to do this. Although every time I take this test, I learn a little more. I recommend that you jump back into studying as soon as you can stand it. The diagnostic report should show you where your weakest areas are, and you can start on those areas with plenty of time to work on them. The longer you wait, the longer it takes to get back to where you were the last time you took the test. You will pass it if you study. I believe this even though I don't have my results yet. Check back with me in a few days when I have received my results, and I'll probably have some colorful things to say about it one way or the other.

Once you pass it, and if you keep trying you will pass it, it won't matter if you ever failed it. Don't let it get you down. Go have fun for about a week and then when you get your diagnostic report, pick up where you left off in April. I'll look for your name on the top of the screen some time next Christmas.

Mary might be the one who said that some PEs take it more than others, but everyone passes it the same number of times. And that's what matters. My boss failed it the first time and he is moving right along in this big company. Lots of engineers are naturally good test takers. It's the ones who have to fight and pass that get my respect. Keep your head up and get back on that horse! :)

Back