Oregon PE Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vern

Vern
Reaction score
First time on EB. Thanks everyone for having me. Just curious on whether there is any truth to typing your name on the "find a license" link of OSBEELS to get an early indication that you passed the PE exam. And how accurate is it if you did not take your EIT in Oregon? I'm getting a little anxious/stressed and curious what other Oregon PE takers think?

Given my past experiences with OSBEELS, I wouldn't trust anything on their website to be up to date.

I mean, they didn't even have their own address correct.

However, I heard of some people getting early warning about their results this way. I don't believe they were from Oregon.

I am from connecticut and I checked the department of consumer protection. I put my last name etc... and it gave me a license number with pending after it. Do you think this means I passed??

First time on EB. Thanks everyone for having me. Just curious on whether there is any truth to typing your name on the "find a license" link of OSBEELS to get an early indication that you passed the PE exam. And how accurate is it if you did not take your EIT in Oregon? I'm getting a little anxious/stressed and curious what other Oregon PE takers think?
I didn't take my EIT in Oregon... I think I got my letter before the database was updated.

I know it's easier said that done, but take a deep breath! A few more days, here or there, isn't going to make ANY difference to most people. Now, I could tell a story where the difference for an RA getting his results cost him at least $6,000... but that's pretty darn rare!

Drink a beer or ten... it'll make the time go by quicker.

Thanks IlPadrino, I agree. My OCD sometimes gets the best of me. A few weeks isn't going to make a bit of difference. Thanks everyone, hopefully good news in 2-3 weeks or so.

Woot on the pending license number. I have no idea what it means, but I hope it means you passed. What did your record used to say?

Thanks IlPadrino, I agree. My OCD sometimes gets the best of me. A few weeks isn't going to make a bit of difference. Thanks everyone, hopefully good news in 2-3 weeks or so.
I went back and checked... I remembered wrong! Looks like I was added to the database on 22 June. Letters were mailed on 26 June.

Still, who knows how it'll be this year? OSBEELS was very nice to me on the phone - I got good information along the way. The worst, though, was when I knew they knew, but they wouldn't tell me. I had moved so I was anxious to find out before the letter got lost in the mail. They told me "don't worry about it" - but I didn't have the courage to ask "don't worry because it won't matter when I find out... the bad news?" or "don't worry... you passed and it's just a matter of time".

We know how hard it is to wait. It was 2 years ago that I found EB.com and the guys here got me through the wait. We're here for you. Good luck - on the results and your patience.

Last year, it took a few weeks to update the database because they were switching to a new computer system, in other years, it was updated the same day they mailed letters, ie - you could find your results the same day they mailed the letters out, (the day before you received the letter)

I know a few people who took the exam and I checked the database. Either they haven't updated the database or all three failed. I'm guessing they just haven't updated the database. By all means, keep checking the database, but I wouldn't get too concerned about not seeing your name there until you receive your letter in the mail.

Good luck!

Last year, it took a few weeks to update the database because they were switching to a new computer system, in other years, it was updated the same day they mailed letters, ie - you could find your results the same day they mailed the letters out, (the day before you received the letter)

I know a few people who took the exam and I checked the database. Either they haven't updated the database or all three failed. I'm guessing they just haven't updated the database. By all means, keep checking the database, but I wouldn't get too concerned about not seeing your name there until you receive your letter in the mail.

Good luck!

Thanks klk. Appreciate the thread. I'll wait patiently.

I called OSBEELS yesterday to check and see if they received my ethics test. They told me they had recently received the results and will be sending them out soon. Expect to receive them by the end of this week or early next week. Of course I can't guarantee this, but this is what I was told. Holding my breath...

I called OSBEELS yesterday to check and see if they received my ethics test. They told me they had recently received the results and will be sending them out soon. Expect to receive them by the end of this week or early next week. Of course I can't guarantee this, but this is what I was told. Holding my breath...
Can you take your ethics test after you received the letter that you passed. That was my assumption, I hope I'm still o.k.?

Can you take your ethics test after you received the letter that you passed. That was my assumption, I hope I'm still o.k.?
The questionnaire did ask to be returned within 10 days of taking the test. Though I just mailed it in on Friday. The OSBEELS folks said that not returning it could delay getting out your letter. Or maybe they said it would delay processing paperwork. My coworker said that when she got her passing letter it was a form letter that requested that if you hadn't sent the ethics test in already, to do so. Haha I thought the ethics test was almost as harder than the exam in some ways. It took me a while to do it. If you are concerned about it, I would recommend calling OSBEELS and asking yourself if they plan to hold your result until they receive it. Or if they just meant that it will delay processing further paperwork to get your PE license. That was not clear to me. Good luck!

The questionnaire did ask to be returned within 10 days of taking the test. Though I just mailed it in on Friday. The OSBEELS folks said that not returning it could delay getting out your letter. Or maybe they said it would delay processing paperwork. My coworker said that when she got her passing letter it was a form letter that requested that if you hadn't sent the ethics test in already, to do so. Haha I thought the ethics test was almost as harder than the exam in some ways. It took me a while to do it. If you are concerned about it, I would recommend calling OSBEELS and asking yourself if they plan to hold your result until they receive it. Or if they just meant that it will delay processing further paperwork to get your PE license. That was not clear to me. Good luck!

What is the ethics test? I had my PE exam for Oregon proctored in another state and this is the first I have heard about an ethics exam. Do you know how to get it?

AnnaZ, thanks for the info. I filled out the questionnaire out last night, anticipating I passed. One question, what did you put for your candidate ID#? Or did you just leave that blank.

To Answer travelers question. It's a pre registration questionnaire they give to you at the end of the day when you take the PE. It's part of OSBEELS and Oregon Admin. Rules(OAR). It's multiple choice, 40 some questions, to show the board that you have "knowledge fo the Rules of Professional Conduct and are deemed to be familiar with their provisions andto understand the rules (OAR 820-020-0005(2))." It took a few hours to complete but not at all terrible. I hope I didn't fill it out for nothing.

AnnaZ, thanks for the info. I filled out the questionnaire out last night, anticipating I passed. One question, what did you put for your candidate ID#? Or did you just leave that blank.To Answer travelers question. It's a pre registration questionnaire they give to you at the end of the day when you take the PE. It's part of OSBEELS and Oregon Admin. Rules(OAR). It's multiple choice, 40 some questions, to show the board that you have "knowledge fo the Rules of Professional Conduct and are deemed to be familiar with their provisions andto understand the rules (OAR 820-020-0005(2))." It took a few hours to complete but not at all terrible. I hope I didn't fill it out for nothing.
VA makes you take a 20 question ethics/regulations exam before you take the PE, once they approve you for the exam they mail it to you and you have to send it back in for your application to be "complete"

AnnaZ, thanks for the info. I filled out the questionnaire out last night, anticipating I passed. One question, what did you put for your candidate ID#? Or did you just leave that blank.To Answer travelers question. It's a pre registration questionnaire they give to you at the end of the day when you take the PE. It's part of OSBEELS and Oregon Admin. Rules(OAR). It's multiple choice, 40 some questions, to show the board that you have "knowledge fo the Rules of Professional Conduct and are deemed to be familiar with their provisions andto understand the rules (OAR 820-020-0005(2))." It took a few hours to complete but not at all terrible. I hope I didn't fill it out for nothing.
The candidate ID is the same number that had to be written on all your test forms. It was on the registration sheet that you had to bring in for the actual exam.

The candidate ID is the same number that had to be written on all your test forms. It was on the registration sheet that you had to bring in for the actual exam.
Got it. Thank You nojo.

Thanks for the info on the ethics examination. I called OSBEELS today and found that for those of us who had the test proctored outside Oregon need to request they mail us an ethics test, take it, and have it returned to them before they will release our results. Looks like I will be waiting until mid July at the earliest to find out my results. I hope the rest of you do not have to wait that long. Good luck!

Thanks for the info on the ethics examination. I called OSBEELS today and found that for those of us who had the test proctored outside Oregon need to request they mail us an ethics test, take it, and have it returned to them before they will release our results. Looks like I will be waiting until mid July at the earliest to find out my results. I hope the rest of you do not have to wait that long. Good luck!
I remember leaving the large room on 13th street in Eugene. I took the se ii, so i ignored the handout.

Back