Long weekend

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm...

• Taking the whole day, baby!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taking a half day.

• gonna burn a few hours.

• I'm working all day, dammit!

• I'll be here all day, but I won't be 'working.'

• Total voters
I will be working all day, expecting to receive responses to comments I made and will discussing them next week. With monday off and half of tuesday off for the sonogram/dr appt, I need to make some progress on it.

Taking the whole day... going to drop my son off at school in the morning, do some yardwork, then we'll pick him up and then my wife, the twins, him, and I are going to go for lunch and probably the zoo for the afternoon!

probably taking 1/2 day. Going away for the weekend and not looking forward to commuter/weekend Cape traffic.

We're still working 50-60 a week, so I'll be working Friday. I'm tossing around the idea of working Monday as well since the due date on the project I'm on is fast approaching. One of the nice things at the company I work is that if you want to work a holiday, you can defer the holiday pay to another day, as long as its in the same year.

Hopefully taking a half day. Supposed to be aon a conference call though and I am trying to train a guy in the office about boiler combustion by making him write a technical specification.

We'll see, but i do need to get home to pack for a 1-2 week trip to Columbus, NE that I have coming up after the holiday.

Taking a half day for friday, fiance only has so much time. Will be fighting traffic from upstate NY to NH. Of course will have to make my stop at NH/Mass border to restock liquor cabinet for my friends. You have to love those no tax states! Automatically get the monday off, government employee and all. Looks to be a good weekend to travel too.

Taking the whole day. Then again, it's my scheduled Friday off anyways, so no big deal. I didn't even know that Monday was Memorial day until a coworker mentioned it! My new lady friend and I will be hitting up some of the museums downtown tomorrow, and just relaxing the rest of the weekend since the crowds everywhere are going to be horrendous.

I'm taking a half day to play in a rain-delayed golf tournament. I wasn't signed up for the original tourney, but since it got re-scheduled, a lot of people had to drop out. This way, I get to play, and avoid paying the $95 entry fee.

I'm working all day tomorrow, unless I get another invite to go offshore fishing. The mahi-mahi are biting like crazy right now and fishing takes higher priority over work.

Other than that, I'm taking my boat out of storage on Saturday and fixing some of the railing, tuning up the motor, cleaning, etc.. Hopefully putting it in the water late Saturday or Sunday and taking the kids for their first harbor cruise. Maybe I'll try to catch a couple of trout for dinner and a redfish on the fly rod.

Working a normal day Friday. Only real plan for the weekend is to get in some flight time with my instructor to keep me current and legal for IFR flight. Other than that, it will be a normal weekend working on the "honey-do" list.

WTF holiday is Friday? I only know of Monday. Is it Stimulus day, or something new like that?

I worked all day Friday. And I have to work all day Monday. My carefree island days are over.

At least, for the next few weeks. Then back to the care-free days again. :p

Darn! I want to change my vote. I thought the questiion was for Monday. I'll be at work Friday, but off on Monday.

I wish we could talk my work into four 9's and then a half day Friday! I am working all day today. The big dog is out and I am in charge when he's gone.

I have a lot to do to get ready for a BBQ we are having tomorrow. Although it has been raining nonstop in FL since Monday so now I have to plan for everyone being indoors which stinks! :shakehead:

Chucktown- The speckled trout were hitting hard last week at DeBordieu/North Inlet. There were some monster Red Drum in the creeks, but we were not able to hook any. Speckled trout are nice and tasty!

Woohoo - the whole office is going to lunch on the company dime at noon and are being turned loose after that!

Hopefully I get all the Friday night chores/errands done by the time my wife gets home so we can just hang out and do something fun.

Back