Follow-up to Question for the Car Guys

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeb6294

Reaction score
Several weeks ago I posted a question about my bum turn signal...front passenger side didn't work even after I put a new bulb in.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the good advice that I received, but I would to tell you that [SIZE=18pt]you were all wrong!!![/SIZE]

Apparently the correct answer was to just ignore it for a few weeks and let it fix itself.

I never had a chance to try much else to fix it and I figured it was just a front turn signal so it wasn't the end of the world. The other day when I went to make a right, I noticed that my indicator wasn't flashing really fast anymore. When I got parked I looked and, sure enough, my turn signal is working again.

I vote loose connection or wet connection that dried out eventually. But it still could just be gremlins.

A self-healing car is pretty cool.

Unfortunately, problems that go away all by themselves usually come back all by themselves.

and reminding me of that is a pretty mean thing to do to a Pontiac guy.
So I guess I shouldn't mention the Korean built Lemans or the fact that Pontiac's last new model in history was the G3?

So I guess I shouldn't mention the Korean built Lemans or the fact that Pontiac's last new model in history was the G3?
The early '90s LeMans was a fantastic car IMO.

The fantastic only applies to the 1.6 Korean Daewoo engine and 4 speed. The American 2.0 was a turd.

I racked up 300K on one with minimal maintenance and only had to replace an oil sending unit once.

Of course the top speed was around 80 MPH and one had to avoid any and all headwinds, but it was a masterpiece of a machine for a tightwad like me; the downside is it was indeed the most unsafe car sold in all of North America for the years it was produced.

MGX have you ever heard the phrase "Pontiac - We build excitement"?

There was nothing "exciting" about the Korean Lemans. I'm glad you got your a$$ carted around for short money and didn't die in the process, but it made me cry to see the Pontiac crest on it.

Oh of course, there was nothing "Pontiac" about it. In fact it was a mutant Opel Kadette with Korean guts.

Not to burst your bubble but Pontiac has been nothing more than an example of badge engineering for decades. I wondered why Pontiac would bring back the styling cues from the LeMans for the Aztek.

For the record, I would nuke France for a new G8.

^Point. A homicidal, self-healing car would be problematic.
Nissan has self healing paint: http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS/2005/...51202-01-e.html
207rzg9.gif

Pontiac has been nothing more than an example of badge engineering for decades
decades? god your making me feel old. I guess since ~'82 is decades now isn't it. Prior to then it was pretty much its own division.

Although there were a few items that were uniquely Pontiac since then.

Last edited by a moderator:
MGX have you ever heard the phrase "Pontiac - We build excitement excrement"?
Fixed it for you!

Honestly, excepting the Firebird, Pontiac hasn't built anything memorable for good things (had to put that caveat in because of the memorably awful Aztek) since the 6000STE.

Fixed it for you!
Honestly, excepting the Firebird, Pontiac hasn't built anything memorable for good things (had to put that caveat in because of the memorably awful Aztek) since the 6000STE.
Bonneville SSEi supercharged

Grand Prix GTP GXP

that Holden GTO is a screamer

the new G8 is supposed to be awesome too.

Solstice (IMO, if nothing else its memorable)

and FWIW, I too think the look of the Aztek is horrendous but I had one for a rental once and it's a pretty nice and functional vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back