April PE Exam civil 2009

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

construction

Reaction score
when I finished AM exam I thought I made it, but when I got to PM exam( transportation ) I felt like I don't know If I will pass or not , I would like to see other people experience about that

I think I did well in the AM, but I took structural in the PM and felt as if someone kicked me in the balls. Looks like I'll be there again in October, but I'll change my focus to geotech instead....third times a charm.

I think I did well in the AM, but I took structural in the PM and felt as if someone kicked me in the balls. Looks like I'll be there again in October, but I'll change my focus to geotech instead....third times a charm.
Take it from me, geotech is no walk in the park. I tried it several times before I switched to Water/Env and finally passed. Not that it took any less effort as far as studying, but the afternoon did not have that "kick-in-the-balls" feel. :smileyballs:

Take it from me, geotech is no walk in the park. I tried it several times before I switched to Water/Env and finally passed. Not that it took any less effort as far as studying, but the afternoon did not have that "kick-in-the-balls" feel. :smileyballs:
^^^ what he said :)

when I finished AM exam I thought I made it, but when I got to PM exam( transportation ) I felt like I don't know If I will pass or not , I would like to see other people experience about that
Dude, i suggest you not to think about geo. This time geo PM was more pain. From all my friends, I heard water PM was easier (compared with others)

My biggest gripe is that they were NOT consistent with slope terminology. You never really knew if it was H:V or V:H. Sometimes they would tell you and others they left it wide open. The need to make sure that they fix that in future exams.

The afternoon transpo was difficult in the fact that you had to use every resource that they listed to bring. I used teh ITE book for at least 2-4 problems. The ITE did really well for the crash analysis (not the braking problems). The green book you had to look up obsure charts that you normally would never think of.

This is about how I felt for a good chunk of the exam...

song-chart-memes-final-exams.jpg

Don't count yourself out yet... a good morning score can help to balance out a less-than-stellar afternoon performance.

I felt the same way after my exam in October of '07... except that I'm female, so I felt like I had been kicked somewhere else after the afternoon...

Anyway, I passed. TX gives scores, and I got a 78. If that was a strait %, that means that I got about 62/80 correct. After the morning, I felt like I got 35 or 36 correct, which means that I may have only gotten 26 on the afternoon. Not my best work, but good enough.

My guess of correct answers being...

Pessimistic:

AM session = 21

PM (water) = 32

Optimistic:

AM = 32

PM (water) = 37

Do I feel like I passed? If the passing score is 53/80 then golden, but really...teeter totter...I am in suspension about that. So realistically I am somewhere in the middle of that range. I just want the pass/fail results to come!

My guess of correct answers being...
Pessimistic:

AM session = 21

PM (water) = 32

Optimistic:

AM = 32

PM (water) = 37

Do I feel like I passed? If the passing score is 53/80 then golden, but really...teeter totter...I am in suspension about that. So realistically I am somewhere in the middle of that range. I just want the pass/fail results to come!
I would be fairly confident I passed with your numbers. If you end up falling somewhere between pessimistic and optimistic (most likely) you should have nothing to worry about.

I'm really ready for results too. This wait thing sucks. I understand the process but it seems like it could easily be done in 2-3 weeks this day in age with the technology we have.

Did anyone else take the PM Construction exam? Any thoughts?
I took the Construction PM. Morning for me is a bit untidy exam because it's really vast mix problems combining all areas of civil engineering. However in the afternoon, it's a bit tidy and focused on construction. AM & PM are both tricky and hard compared to the 1st Construction exam but I am optimistic that I made it. My 2nd time to take, hoping I really really made it.

I took the Construction PM. Morning for me is a bit untidy exam because it's really vast mix problems combining all areas of civil engineering. However in the afternoon, it's a bit tidy and focused on construction. AM & PM are both tricky and hard compared to the 1st Construction exam but I am optimistic that I made it. My 2nd time to take, hoping I really really made it.
I'm pretty sure that's why they call it a "Breadth and Depth" exam.

Back