How did you pass the time?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIP - VTEnviro

His Memory Eternal
Reaction score
Well, what did you do while you couldn't spam it up on EB?

I drove down to NY to visit the folks this weekend, celebrate some belated birthdays, and took in a Mets game at the new Citi Field. Beautiful stadium by the way, so much better than that pit Shea was.

I went drinkin', did some yard work, visited the 'rents, told the 'rents that the wifey is preggo, did more yard work, got a sore back, did more drinkin', and made some BBQ chicken pizzas on the grill (charcoal).

I went drinkin', did some yard work, visited the 'rents, told the 'rents that the wifey is preggo, did more yard work, got a sore back, did more drinkin', and made some BBQ chicken pizzas on the grill (charcoal).
Congrats! So when is the baby due?

Pizza on a grill...still something I have a hard time picturing.

We helped out at the Boy Scouts Lincoln hike on saturday...the same path Lincoln took from New Salem to Springfield to borrow books when he was studying law. It was rough just sitting 3.5 hours in the mid 80 degree weather...don't know how the scouts managed to walk the 18+ miles in the heat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played 2 rounds of golf in the first full weekend of spring-like weather. Any my (shaved bald) head got badly sunburned...it is very painful today.

Drank, jacked out the old deck footings, drank some more, pulled up part of the patio, drank, filled in the old footing holes, drank...

Went to an awesome car show.
I was SUPPOSED to go to the Outlaw 8.5 race at HMP that I'd been waiting for for months. Sure enough, one hour after the gates open for racers, it started to pour. Naturally, Sunday was the most gorgeous weather we've had to date since I've been living in Houston.

Congrats! So when is the baby due?
Pizza on a grill...still something I have a hard time picturing.
The doc said the due date is 1/1/10. I'm hoping the little sucker is ahead of the curve and can be a little tax deduction. I'm excited either way.

The pizza on the grill is just something I tried one night. I have a rectangular charcoal grill that my parents got for a wedding present 36 years ago. Dad "upgraded" to a gas grill and let me have this one. Anywho, the wifey had been making pizza with the Pillbury pizza dough in a tube for a few months and I wanted a BBQ pizza. So, while she was prepping the pizza on aluminum foil, I was doing a quick cooking of chicken on the grill... with mesquite charcoal. That was put on the pizza and and then the pizza was slapped on the grill for about 20-25 minutes (whenever it looks cooked). I swear, it's better than any other pizza I have EVER had in ANY restaurant and it is so easy!

^ Congrats! And that pizza on the grill sounds interesting. I'll have to try it when the weather gets nice enough for grilling.

As for the original question, I was at a conference in Las Vegas and Friday night was awe. . . wait for it . . . some! We had a fabulous time at dueling Piano bar in NY NY hotel - for those who have never experienced it, it was sort of like karaoke performed by professionals. These guys could sing, play piano and electric guitar and best of all they took requests. Journey, Bon Jovi, Metallica, they played everything. They even sang Bohemian Rhapsody, in harmony, with someone from the audience and it was amazing. It was like a living room concert featuring of all your favorite songs. I highly recommend it!

Spent Friday flying South for the weekend. Unfortunately, a combination of weather and schedule resulted in my having to leave the plane 400 miles from home and drive back. The project for this weekend is retrieving the aircraft.

The tour was pretty cool. It was Saturday and they weren't up and running, but it was neat to see the different stages of construction--pretty much from the inside out. What I found most interesting is how they put together the floor joists and then put the whole floor platform on a table that squares it up perfectly before nailing on the decking (which then holds it square). My group was three engineers and we made the guide earn his money that day.

We also toured several models, and these things are not at all what you'd think of as the stereotypical rectangular modular.

Back