Application to take the test still being reviewed.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlito1017

Reaction score
It is April 16th and the PE test is in about a week and I still haven't received any notification from the aboard about the test. I finally got in contact with them this morning and the evaluator said that they still have my application and for me to call back tomorrow. Has anyone heard of this before? I am not sure what is taking them so long to get back to me about sitting for the test. This is really frustrating because I have been studying for 3 months and took a class and if I get rejected, I will see the last few months as somewhat of a waste.

Anyone have any clue why they may still be holding on to the application?

It is April 16th and the PE test is in about a week and I still haven't received any notification from the aboard about the test. I finally got in contact with them this morning and the evaluator said that they still have my application and for me to call back tomorrow. Has anyone heard of this before? I am not sure what is taking them so long to get back to me about sitting for the test. This is really frustrating because I have been studying for 3 months and took a class and if I get rejected, I will see the last few months as somewhat of a waste.
Anyone have any clue why they may still be holding on to the application?
I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but I would not get your hopes up. I had a similar event happen here in Florida where they had accidentally lost my application and found it about a week before the exam. By that time, ELSES had already assigned all of the seat numbers, and the tests, booklets and all associated materials had already been shrink wrapped and were essentially sent off. Is it the state which is still evaluating? Are you in an ELSES state? I believe that they had a sign up by date.... I hope that you have better luck than I did.

I am trying to take the California PE test and it is the state that is evaluating. Not sure what is going to happen.

Yeah I called them and the person in charge of my application said that they still have my application an didn't state why. I am calling back tomorrow to get more questions answered. I think that is all I can do but I am not having a positive outlook and I don't understand why they have waited so long to tell me something. Makes me think that they forgot about my application or something.

Well, if they did forget about your app they will do all they can to allow for you to take the exam next week.

Otherwise, you may just need to take it in October.

Good luck on the phone call!

I am trying to take the California PE test and it is the state that is evaluating. Not sure what is going to happen.
Last year CA sent out their rejection letters about a week before the test... dirty practice if you ask me.

A lot of transpo ppl had issues qualifying their experience... Or maybe it was traffic (i don't remember).

They suppose to tell you that you got accept for the test or disqualify because they already take your application fee.

If they don't do it, then I don't know why we need to send our application fee so early? Our money is not fully spent on our own application only. They should send an e-mail (I believed it is free) to notify us that we got disqulify early. They still think of it because there is no directly communication or section there. I don't mind to pay extra 50 dollars (50*around 5000 people = $25000......only need 1 months for paying 10 people's monthly salary = 2500 in cash) .....why CA always saying they need money but don't see any progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like we pay the chicken sandwich for $8 but we did not get the food because they already sell out (There is no refund or 50% refund)....I guess is it call fair?

I talked with them and they still don't have info for me yet. The evaluator I talked with said that they are still going through and approving applications, that they just have a lot to go through. So I am going to keep calling to hopefully get some information at some point. It is the weekend before the test I just want to know how I am going to spend the weekend, either studying or doing something actually enjoyable.

I talked with them and they still don't have info for me yet. The evaluator I talked with said that they are still going through and approving applications, that they just have a lot to go through. So I am going to keep calling to hopefully get some information at some point. It is the weekend before the test I just want to know how I am going to spend the weekend, either studying or doing something actually enjoyable.
Is there still time to register for the exam after you get approved? I assume it varies from state to state, but when I took the exam I had to register with ELSES after my state board approved my application. The deadline to register with ELSES was at least a month before the exam date for me.

Back