Question - 11 August 06

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's an oscilloscope? ;) I work with people half my age who have never used one! :true:

Thanks Kipper - keep them coming!

I think the solution is found by:

msubAM = deltaA/A (modulation factor equal change in amplitude divided by amplitude)

The EERM really doesn't explain this subject well, but....

I worked with one sideband; found the mean amplitude (0.875) of the side band; then found the amplitude (0.5) about this.

So... my answer is 57% (D)

Question_Two.gif

I bought this Kaplan exam and it was a bear! At first I think this was one of the few problems from the book I could answer. Eventually I could get them all, and I passed the PE. If you can master Kaplan you should have no problem with the PE. I do remember they really like a lot of significant figures in this book!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought this Kaplan exam and it was a bear!  At first I think this was one of the few problems from the book I could answer.  Eventually I could get them all, and I passed the PE. If you can master Kaplan you should have no problem with the PE.  I do remember they really like a lot of significant figures in this book!
I agree, and yes they do.

I worked through this book twice prior to taking the test.

I actually enjoyed the practical application of this problem.

It is always easier for me if I can see an application. :true:

Last edited:
Back