Question Of The Day 8 Aug '06

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kipper.

Can't be "B" because there is a factor of 3^1/2 in there somewhere; I know where the formula is in the EERM for the four possible configurations, but I don't have it handy. If I had to make an educated guess (and Power is not my thing), I would assume that line to line voltages are shown and to get the phase voltage on the wye side needs divsion by 3^1/2, so "C" - 6.9.

Thanks Kipper.
Can't be "B" because there is a factor of 3^1/2 in there somewhere; I know where the formula is in the EERM for the four possible configurations, but I don't have it handy. If I had to make an educated guess (and Power is not my thing), I would assume that line to line voltages are shown and to get the phase voltage on the wye side needs divsion by 3^1/2, so "C" - 6.9.
With logic like that you don't need the EERM for this problem. :thumbsup:

Because of the delta to wye connection:

The delta transformer sees 138kV voltage from bushing to bushing.

And the wye sees the 24kV/3^(1/2) from bushing to bushing.

singlespeed, did you take the controls portion?

Last edited:
I will be taking the EE (ECC depth) in Oct. - I'm a little worried about the Power stuff for the AM breadth, because I've heard that there is a lot of Power stuff there :unsure:

Well I can hopefully calm your fears, and help answer any questions. ;)

If I don't have the answer I have plenty of resources that will. :true:

Don't hesitate to ask ANYTHING!

That would be correct. I don't claim to have all the answers but I do know where to find them. :D

Back