Architectural Engineering

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSU-ARE

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to start up an Architectural Engineering thread one more time, as the first one got hijacked and then moved over to Hall of Fame. Unfortunately there is currently no Disciplines Subforums folder yet created for Architectural Engineering. Hopefully this will help us get there.

I know there is not nearly as many people who are taking the Architectural Engineering exam as ME, EE, Civil, etc. but for those of us who are taking it, it would be great to start sharing our experiences in studding, discussing exam experiences, and what ever else you feel like sharing.

^Isn't studding JR's forte? I should think he'll have something to say.

Yeah, I think jr would be the resident expert in such things, BUT...

It occurs to me that since the topic is architecturally oriented, perhaps studding refers to the spacing of stud placement in walls. As such, perhaps Bigray should weigh in. Wasn't he doing some remodeling a while ago?

I was interested in why you picked the Arch exam. I am trying to decide pros/cons of Arch versus Mechanical. I design plumbing, fire protection, and HVAC and basic electric as a project manager. I think the Arch would be easier for me since I deal with it daily, but am not convinced. Could you share with me your job and why you chose arch?

Back