Info on New Yorks results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HVACstevie

Reaction score
The following is text from an Email from Castle Worldwide, the company that administers the NY exam.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. The organization that scores the Engineering examinations, NCEES, has not provided the results for the October administration. We expect to be receiving them in the week or two. Once we do, it will take us approximately 5 business days to compile the results, print and proof the score letters, and then begin mailing them out. As an estimate, I would have to say that you are looking at receiving your results around the beginning of January.

So if you're waiting on NY results it looks like another 2 to 3 weeks.

The following is text from an Email from Castle Worldwide, the company that administers the NY exam.
Thank you for your recent inquiry. The organization that scores the Engineering examinations, NCEES, has not provided the results for the October administration. We expect to be receiving them in the week or two. Once we do, it will take us approximately 5 business days to compile the results, print and proof the score letters, and then begin mailing them out. As an estimate, I would have to say that you are looking at receiving your results around the beginning of January.

This is sucking.

When did you receive this e-mail? This e-mail can also applied to 2007 or years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
When did you receive this e-mail? This e-mail can also applied to 2007 or years ago.

I received this email this morning, Friday December 19th. It was in response to an email I sent yesterday morning.

Thanks for posting.

I hope this information is correct.

I looked up the registration of a coworker that passed the PE in NY in October of '07. It says he became licensed on 02/10/2008.

I certainly hope I don't have to wait that long for my results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting.
I hope this information is correct.

I looked up the registration of a coworker that passed the PE in NY in October of '07. It says he became licensed on 02/10/2008.

I certainly hope I don't have to wait that long for my results.

You don't get your license number with the exam result in NY. After you receive the result letter there is still some more red tape. I know people who passed the exam in NY and are not legible for a license because of immigration restrictions.

You don't get your license number with the exam result in NY. After you receive the result letter there is still some more red tape. I know people who passed the exam in NY and are not legible for a license because of immigration restrictions.
Thanks!

last year the state started posted names of those who passed on Jan. 7 and the results started to arrive in the mail on the 14th.

it may be faster this year, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

last year the state started posted names of those who passed on Jan. 7 and the results started to arrive in the mail on the 14th.
I'm sorry, where does the State post the results?

Do you need to provide a take home test for the PE before the test, after the test but before the result, after the result?

Is that all ethic questions?

If you fail the take home test or forgot to submit then will that affecting your result or process time?

Thank you, ccollet! Does it mean, though, that the license is issued before the results of the test become available by mail?

i do know a co-worker whose name showed up on the states's website with a lic. number a couple days before he got his letter.

i do know a co-worker whose name showed up on the states's website with a lic. number a couple days before he got his letter.
Once again, thank you! It's a good piece of news if passing the test actually eliminates a few days of waiting:)

I hope I'm wrong but I'd bet it will be slower. They changed the date to submit applications for the exam because they are short staffed.

http://www.op.nysed.gov/pe.htm

Hopefully that only applies to applications and not results.

Am I missing something here, or did the web site change? You used to be able to put in a license number only, and come up with the name assigned to the number. That was the way we could track if they were adding numbers, Now it seems they are requesting that you add three letters of the last name, making it impossible to see if the state is adding new licenses. (Get it?)

Am I missing something here, or did the web site change? You used to be able to put in a license number only, and come up with the name assigned to the number. That was the way we could track if they were adding numbers, Now it seems they are requesting that you add three letters of the last name, making it impossible to see if the state is adding new licenses. (Get it?)
They changed it a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back