ALABAMA RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktulu

Reaction score
FE & PE results - expected sometime between December 17 - December 24. We have not received any of the exam results. Do no call. No information can be given other than by mail.

Will it be a very Merry Christmas? We shall soon see!

I can see myself not wanting to open that letter. I've heard that there is a difference in the thickness of a "passed" envelope vs. a "failed". Is that the case? Which is which?

Just be patient if you can. There is a difference in packages in some states, but there is not a consistent rule about which is which. Good luck.

I can see myself not wanting to open that letter. I've heard that there is a difference in the thickness of a "passed" envelope vs. a "failed". Is that the case? Which is which?
My 2007 letter was dated December 17th, and I received it on the 18th. If you will, that means that it was printed on Monday (roughly today), and I received it on Tuesday (tomorrow?).

The passing envelope for AL has your one page results letter, seal information, PDH info, a postcard pushing NCEES record, and an envelope for the additional fee. Not sure about the "other" letter.

So, good luck. I expect you should probably hear something tomorrow or Wednesday.

My 2007 letter was dated December 17th, and I received it on the 18th. If you will, that means that it was printed on Monday (roughly today), and I received it on Tuesday (tomorrow?).
The passing envelope for AL has your one page results letter, seal information, PDH info, a postcard pushing NCEES record, and an envelope for the additional fee. Not sure about the "other" letter.

So, good luck. I expect you should probably hear something tomorrow or Wednesday.
My 2007 experience was the same as jmbeck's.

As for the "other" AL letter, it's several sheets of paper (3 or 4) with the diagnostic information and how to reapply?. Based on that, I believe the two letters are roughly the same thickness.

Good luck!

My 2007 experience was the same as jmbeck's.
As for the "other" AL letter, it's several sheets of paper (3 or 4) with the diagnostic information and how to reapply?. Based on that, I believe the two letters are roughly the same thickness.

Good luck!
I have a friend who's gotten both, and he said that the 'pass' letter was thicker, and you can tell if there a return envelope inside.

I do know that the 'fail' letter is pretty thin, with just a few pages.

Just checked the website, and there has been no change.

Fairhope, where do you work? I was born and raised in Daphne. Across the street from Target, where the storage units are located now. My house is the building that they are putting the new restaurant in.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes I did, Captain. Took it over in Mobile, at the University of South Alabama.

I have a friend who's gotten both, and he said that the 'pass' letter was thicker, and you can tell if there a return envelope inside.
I do know that the 'fail' letter is pretty thin, with just a few pages.

Just checked the website, and there has been no change.

Fairhope, where do you work? I was born and raised in Daphne. Across the street from Target, where the storage units are located now. My house is the building that they are putting the new restaurant in.
The local electric utility. Our crews just started running that job for the cafe today, a 600A 3-phase service.

Thanks for the info. I took the PE at South in October and am getting nervous about the results.

^^ no problem on the info. Let's all hope for the best.

I spent close to 20 years in the little ass house.

****, the AL Results are taking forever to get released... They are usually right behind Florida.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called the AL Board today. They told me they receive our results on disc (by mail) and then have to print letters, stuff envelopes, and then we have to wait on the mail. When I called around lunch, they still had not received the disc and did not know if it had been sent yet.

I called the AL Board today. They told me they receive our results on disc (by mail) and then have to print letters, stuff envelopes, and then we have to wait on the mail. When I called around lunch, they still had not received the disc and did not know if it had been sent yet.
Good info; thanks. I wondered how the board received the results. Sounds as if it may be after Christmas before we know. Bummer.

Back