CALIFORNIA RESULTS - OCT 2008 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
ndekens

CALIFORNIA RESULTS

FAIL!

If you are going to make a fake out results post you could have at least tied it in with today's election. There were so many possibilities there.

FAIL!

If you are going to make a fake out results post you could have at least tied it in with today's election. There were so many possibilities there.

Um...no im not making a fake results posting. Check the boards website. They have new as to when the results will be mailed.......Early February 2009 just like every other year.

Every year, I wonder........would it kill them to just have a board meeting the first or second week in January??? :smileyballs: It's not like results sneak up on them, they know when they are going to receive them every year from NCEES :screwloose:

I feel for you California--I've been through that wait in the past and it's not fun.....especially once everyone else starts getting results. The only consolation I can give you is that once you get that PASS letter, you will quickly forget about the wait. :multiplespotting:

Holy crap! I knew California reported late but not nearly two months late. I guess I never knew how soon other states got their results. Oh well, if there's a harder way they haven't found it yet.

What's even more pathetic is that by the time we get the results, the results clock on this board will be gone. By that time, the countdown clock for the next exam will be up.

Holy crap! I knew California reported late but not nearly two months late. I guess I never knew how soon other states got their results. Oh well, if there's a harder way they haven't found it yet.

I have a question, I hope someboday can answer me correctly and with sense. Why is it sooooo long for the PE and FE results to release, isnt it everything is checked using "COMPUTER" except Struct 2?

I have a question, I hope someboday can answer me correctly and with sense. Why is it sooooo long for the PE and FE results to release, isnt it everything is checked using "COMPUTER" except Struct 2?

From NCEES website FAQs:

Why does it take so long for NCEES to release scores?

To ensure that the process is fair and equitable to examinees and to maintain the validity of the exam questions, NCEES uses a rigorous scoring process for each of the NCEES multiple-choice examinations. The process is summarized below.

• First, NCEES scans all answer sheets as they are received from the states. Answer sheets are flagged for review when they are missing critical information, such as the depth module examinees worked or the candidate ID number. The scoring process continues only when these issues are resolved.

• Next, a psychometric analysis is performed on a sample population of answer sheets from each multiple-choice examination to identify any questions with unusual statistics, which flag the question for review.

• Then, at least two subject-matter experts who are licensed engineers or surveyors review the flagged items. In addition, NCEES reviews all Candidate Comment Forms, and the subject-matter experts consider comments on the forms about specific exam questions. If the reviews confirm an error in a question, credit may be given for more than one answer.

• When the analyses and reviews are completed, NCEES changes the answer keys as necessary. The passing score and the final correct answers for each exam are then used to score all the answer sheets. Scanners are calibrated before and during scoring. A percentage of the answer sheets are hand-graded and the results compared to the machine score to ensure accuracy of results.

• Finally, NCEES releases the results to the state boards or testing agencies, who in turn report the results to examinees.

The first bullet implies that people don't know how to fill out an answer sheet. And we want them designing our buildings? :blush:

I think I speak for most, when I say an individual responsible for delaying the results to the other test takers should result in an automatic FILE 13 for that individuals test.

:D

I think I speak for most, when I say an individual responsible for delaying the results to the other test takers should result in an automatic FILE 13 for that individuals test.

what is FILE 13?

Not fair enough, if the questions asked on the FE and PE test have errors on it is is not fair to examinees, they should make sure all questions asked isnt wrong or misleading and would result into vague, every questions should be looked after before giving it to the test.

Psch. test also a waste of time, since proctors are on site and very keen durting the exams, and also during the test how can you they cheat you never knew the guys who sit besides you and certainly dont trust his/her answers and even know if they are of the same discipline as yours.

Still this is unclear.

Yes... It's only been 3 weeks and i'm already antsy...

In 3 months I'm going to be a hermit living off of the sugar packets that outdoor restaurants leave for their tea drinkers.

Sugar for the poor?

Did this happened, did NCEES "FILE 13" anybody for delaying test results? But how did an individual delayed results? everybody's just waiting for it.

Well boys and girls, only 53 more days until we get our results. Let's hear it for the Golden State. Woohoo! Sorry to be so negative but it really chafes me.

California Board's web page was updated last friday. They are scheduled to meet 1/14. I believe that's 11 days earlier than last year. Something positive in the sea of despair that is this topic.

Now it looks like the board is meeting on the 15th. At least there is activity. I guess anticipation is all part of the experience. I should relax and take it all in. Nothing worthwhile is easy. (This is where I wax philosophically because I don't know what else to do.)

This is where I usually chime in and say: "fellow Californians, get comfortable and wait... the wait is long and hard (no perverse pun intended) but hang in there... its the law of averages, something has to suck about living in California... and this is it. Just be glad you don't live in West Virginia.... Unless your sister is 'real purdy'..."

Just be glad you don't live in West Virginia.... Unless your sister is 'real purdy'..."

bwah! brilliant.

other bad things about Cali: Smog, gangs, murder rate, earthquakes, real estate prices, silicon valley, Sacramento, huge amount 'alternative' lifestylers, organic crap, traffic, hippies, wind mills, fault lines, wildfires. hollywood, politics, water supply, immigration....arnold as your governer.

i can keep going if you want me too....

^none of the above have really bothered me that much... but maybe I need to go to the beach to think it over for a while (mid-December).

bwah! brilliant.

other bad things about Cali: Smog, gangs, murder rate, earthquakes, real estate prices, silicon valley, Sacramento, huge amount 'alternative' lifestylers, organic crap, traffic, hippies, wind mills, fault lines, wildfires. hollywood, politics, water supply, immigration....arnold as your governer.

i can keep going if you want me too....

Arnold as gov is better than what we have in IL

WOOHOOO!!!! I got my results! did anybody else??? I PASSED!!!!!

in '07

Wishing all of my fellow California "test takers" the best in the New Year. May we all be ordering our PE stamps soon!

Does anyone know whether there is a difference in the letters (externally) if you pass or fail? I'm asking about California results. Thanks.

Does anyone know whether there is a difference in the letters (externally) if you pass or fail? I'm asking about California results. Thanks.

I think I had just one sheet in mine.

THe failing letters had a couple sheets because there was a diagnostic.

It wasn't that easy to tell from the thickness, but I could read the word "Congratulations" through the paper before I opened it.

I'm not sure now how it is. That was a few years ago.

Also, I don't know how many times I've repeated this, but you will have your letter before they update the database unless it get's lost in the mail. They don't usually update the DB until several days after people have letters.

But that won't stop you from checking 5000 times an hour. It didn't stop me.