Am I reading this right?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTEngineer

Reaction score
Just want to make sure I read my admission letter correctly... no erasers? Will they give you a new pencil if you use up the eraser? I don't know if this will really be an issue, but I'm curious!

Just want to make sure I read my admission letter correctly... no erasers? Will they give you a new pencil if you use up the eraser? I don't know if this will really be an issue, but I'm curious!
they will give you another pencil if you use up your eraser or your lead.

It's my understanding that if you need another eraser you raise your hand and a new pencil will be given to you.

That is correct. I don't know why you can't bring an eraser.

One thing you can do to help cut down on eraser usage is to only use it to erase incorrectly filled in bubbles. If you're doing hand calcs, just cross out the bad calcs and start writing somewhere else. There is plenty of open space on the test booklet to allow for the calcs. I honesly wouldn't even waste my time with erasing as it becomes time consuming and we all know how much time is available.

One thing you can do to help cut down on eraser usage is to only use it to erase incorrectly filled in bubbles. If you're doing hand calcs, just cross out the bad calcs and start writing somewhere else. There is plenty of open space on the test booklet to allow for the calcs. I honesly wouldn't even waste my time with erasing as it becomes time consuming and we all know how much time is available.
Yes, there's no point in doing any erasing on your calcs. Neatness doesn't count a bit. They don't even look at what you've written in the test booklet - no partial credit given. My test booklet was a scribble-scrabbled mess when I was done with it. Writing neatly wastes too much time.

Better yet, don't make any mistakes. No eraser = no problem.

eraser-camera.jpg

Here's why. Eraser/camera

It's like the network...like Verizon. I personally loved the "charging system" which seems to be a cell phone charger that's been stripped to the wires.

I'd also like to offer up my usual F-you to the people who ruined things like bringing in your own pencil, erasers, calculator, etc. F*(# You!

Thanks guys. A small detail, but I wouldn't want to get kicked out for using my trusty white eraser! I often wonder how many of the people who created these devices would have actually passed if they spent that time studying. My husband took the bar exam and was even allowed to bring his own pencil.

That's because lawyers can only kill people one at a time. Engineers have the ability to kill a lot all in one go, so we don't get to bring pencils into the licensing exam.

Or something...

I'd also like to offer up my usual F-you to the people who ruined things like bringing in your own pencil, erasers, calculator, etc. F*(# You!

Well said!

Last edited by a moderator:
WTH was the deal with the cat drawings on the last page?
And I particualrly enjoyed this explanation of how long distance transmission works...

"For long distance transmission, the host machine of the transit exchange is put between the

eraser and its special receiver, first it will receive the weak signals from the eraser, and then

by superpower it transmits the signals to its special receiver."

What sort of "superpower" do they mean? Microwave transission?

Last edited by a moderator:
You should have plenty of lead and eraser. I've used my pencil for a couple of years now; the eraser finally gave out last month. I use the pencil all the time; I want to get my $275 out of it.

Back