NCEES Sample Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PE2BE

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed the multitude of references the NCEES sample exam uses? Is the intention of the test designers for test takers to have/use all of these references? Is it really that complex or can I just use the CERM as a single reference for the AM portion of the test?

Thanks ahead of time!

They can ask you whatever they want. Most everything can be found in the CERM, but don't assume that ALL of it can. Also, they can't reference the location of the solution as the CERM. They have to track back to where they actually found it. I used the CERM plus 3-4 more books in the AM, and several times just my personal notes. I would NOT recommend depending on the CERM alone.

Has anyone noticed the multitude of references the NCEES sample exam uses? Is the intention of the test designers for test takers to have/use all of these references? Is it really that complex or can I just use the CERM as a single reference for the AM portion of the test?
Thanks ahead of time!
For the breadth portion, I think you're more than fine with the CERM... in fact, the downside of the CERM is that there's just too much there to know it all. Some people have found an engineering dictionary handy (search here for some recommendations). I found my Testmasters notes to be better than the CERM because it allowed me to focus on what was most important - but there was little on the Testmasters that wasn't already in the CERM.

The depth portion is another question, and it really depends on your discipline. For WR/Env, I think you're good with just the CERM.

For the breadth portion, I think you're more than fine with the CERM... in fact, the downside of the CERM is that there's just too much there to know it all. Some people have found an engineering dictionary handy (search here for some recommendations). I found my Testmasters notes to be better than the CERM because it allowed me to focus on what was most important - but there was little on the Testmasters that wasn't already in the CERM.
The depth portion is another question, and it really depends on your discipline. For WR/Env, I think you're good with just the CERM.
Mtcaff & Eddy is really good for Water & Waste water. Das is good for geotech.

Back