New to this Site

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gajendra

Reaction score
Guys, I am new to this site and I am preparing for PE for coming October please help me giving some reading materils/suggestions on how to prepare for the Exam. (Civil Engineering)

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on what depth portion you decide to take for afternoon, but a good basic start is the Lindeburg Civil Engineering Reference Manual. You can order it online. It is probably too late to enroll in a review class for the October exam, but I would suggest that if it's not too late. Look through the threads or do a search if you have specific concerns. Hope this helps. Good luck. And, welcome to EB.

i believe there is a whole section for this topic.

regardless the lindeburg manual is key for reference - and the 5 minute solutions are good for review.

For the civil-structural, my studying consisted of going through the NCEES sample exam book, going through the CERM and the sample problems in there, doing some of the sample problems in the companion problem book, familiarizing myself with the codes, and doing the NCEES sample exam book again. Total was approximately 200 hours. I did do some of the structural 6-minute solutions, but I didn't care for it too much, but it was also an old edition. I also tried "the other board"'s online "exam cafe" and found it to be junk and a waste of my ~35 bucks.

For the test, absolutely bring all the references recommended by NCEES for the section you're taking... you'll be glad you did.

Back